Job Title: Tax Accounting Manager
The Tax Accounting function reports through the Managing Director, Finance, Global Tax and is organized along the lines of geographic responsibilities and process responsibilities. A team of tax accounting experts report to the Director – Income Tax Accounting. Most of the managers have both geographic and process responsibilities. The geographic roles support local finance and tax groups in ensuring accurate forecasting and reporting of income tax accounts. The team is also responsible for global tax accounting processes, which are focused on the consolidation of global results for U.S. GAAP and management reporting purposes.
Brief Description of Duties:
Responsible for managing all aspects of income tax accounting and forecasting at the tax reporting group level for non-US operations with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Serve as tax accounting expert supporting regional tax experts and Country Controllers at a local level regarding income tax accounting issues
- Manage timeliness and ensure technical accuracy of quarterly effective tax rate and income tax cash payment forecasts, annual provision, and provision to return true-up.
- Ensure all local tax accounting issues are properly analyzed, supported, and documented, including valuation allowance positions, unrecognized tax benefits, M&A transactions, and impacts of pending legislation
- Collaborate with a team of regional tax accounting experts to support quarterly reporting of income taxes.
- Assist with external financial audits and reviews of income taxes
- Advocate compliance with Income Tax accounting internal controls applicable at the local level
- Conduct local income tax accounting training as required for the tax and country controllership groups
- Manage various global income tax accounting and reporting processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent advanced degree
- 5+ years combination of Tax and/or Financial Reporting experience with a US multinational company and/or public accounting firm
- Knowledge of US GAAP standard ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes, with 3+ years significant tax accounting experience
- Ability to team and communicate effectively with finance and tax teams across different cultures and at all levels of management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including comfort making and defending decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to deliver high quality work product under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience using OneSource Tax Provision (Tax Stream) software preferred.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.