Job Title: The Dock – Senior Data Scientist (ML & DL)
The Dock Dublin 2
The Dock is a diverse team of creative problem-solvers within Accenture – where design, business and technology meet under one roof. We’re a meeting place where Accenture, clients and partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology.
We believe future commercial success will come from businesses that are conscious of the intended and unintended consequences of their work. That’s why we’re passionate that true innovation must deliver value for Accenture, our clients and society.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist in our Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (A&AI) Team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Data Scientist with proven Machine Learning and Deep Learning solution development skills. This role will focus on technical solution delivery across the Dock’s project portfolio; experimenting and problem-solving with A&AI, developing robust A&AI solutions and A&AI applications architected for scale.
What you’ll be doing
The Analytics & AI team within the Dock applies leading Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies and techniques to address significant real-world business and societal challenges. Collaborating with our clients, designers, software engineers and business subject matter experts, we take concepts and applications on the journey from idea to reality. In this role, you will;
• Take a leading role in teams delivering innovative Analytics & AI projects; ranging from research, proofs-of-concept to the delivery of real-world applications for our clients.
• Be a deep hands-on expert practitioner, owning and shaping development and experimentation in the application of Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Advanced Analytics.
• Use AWS, Azure and/or GCP tools and services to develop prototype and scalable Analytics & AI solutions, demonstrating your experience in the capabilities and limitations of these tools and platforms.
• Work closely with software engineering colleagues to develop robust Analytics & AI applications encapsulated in software applications.
• Drive the utilization of best practice in Analytics & AI technical delivery, methods and approaches on project teams.
• Actively contribute to bringing Analytics & AI perspectives to experimentation, design, workshops, sprints and prototyping to help identify breakthrough ideas, concepts and solutions to business problems.
• Embrace working in multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate with designers, software developers, business experts and Accenture teams external to the Dock.
• Lead and mentor junior team members in projects and in their technical and professional development.
• Understand the key technology trends in the Analytics & AI domain, the business implications, and be able to match the future opportunities of those to the current and emerging challenges of our clients
• Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Analytics & AI Expertise
• Applying your deep technical expertise to solve problems and develop new solution offerings for our business and our clients.
• Bringing deep expertise in developing data-driven solutions in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Advanced Analytics.
• Applying your expertise and hands-on coding experience with AWS, Azure and/or GCP tools and services to develop Analytics & AI experiments and applications.
• Keeping up to date and learning the capabilities of leading AI platform solution providers and the AI ecosystem; including AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
• Applying data science, data engineering and solution architecture knowledge to design and develop robust end-to-end Analytics & AI solutions.
• Demonstrating deep understanding of the potential utility, limitations and challenges of a wide range of Advanced Analytics & AI techniques and keeping abreast of new developments in academic research and industry.
Ownership & Delivery of projects
• Being responsible for shaping, owning and delivering complex Advanced Analytics & AI applications and experiments and being responsible for their business value and measures of success.
• Being responsible for estimating, planning and managing your own work and the work of analytics teams.
Collaboration & Working in Teams
• Leading teams and nurturing new skills and capabilities in these teams. Contributing to the performance management and professional development of people on your team.
• Interacting, collaborating and sharing experiences with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds.
Communicating & Working with Stakeholders
• Presenting to, interacting with and managing client and business stakeholders, clearly articulating and communicating Analytics & AI concepts, solutions and value to non-technical audiences.
• Producing quality technical components, documentation, write-ups, papers or articles that capture the value of the work undertaken on projects.
Developing the A&AI Community @ The Dock
• Contributing to the growth and development of the Analytics & AI capability and community in the Dock, outside immediate projects.
• Contributing to steering and shaping the development of the Innovation pipeline in Analytics & AI at the Dock, both in terms of new concepts, technologies, approaches and methods and in terms of business applications.
• Masters’ Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or a closely related discipline.
• Deep hands-on experience in a number of Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP, Knowledge Graph or other Artificial Intelligence domains and proven experience in the application of these technologies to address real-world business problems.
• 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing Advanced Analytics systems for R&D or commercial applications. Industry, product or commercial application experience is preferred.
• 5 years of project or product development methodology experience, for example agile development and CRISP-DM.
• Proven proficiency in several Analytics & AI related tools, programming languages & frameworks.
• Proven experience in designing and developing AI based systems and applications architected for scale.
• Experience in standards, methods and best practice for Advanced Analytics development, solution quality, accuracy and resilience.
• Hands-on experience and expertise in a number of statistical and application programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Java, Spark) and 3rd party platforms.
• Proven technical experience in solution development with AWS, Azure and/or GCP preferred.
• Experience in leading technical teams and in managing and mentoring team members.
• Experience in dealing with multiple business and technical stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a global collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
About Accenture & The Dock
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 490,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.