Innovation Strategy Lead
The Dock, Dublin 2
We are looking for the brightest and best strategic thinkers to join The Dock, Accenture’s global center for innovation. Our Innovation Strategy Leads work with teams of designers and global experts in emerging technology fields, such as artificial intelligence and advanced analytics, to deliver cutting edge solutions for clients and society.
What you’ll be doing
You will be connecting the dots between our client’s needs and challenges, the market landscape and technological capabilities to build the business case for new Accenture products and services. This requires energy, creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and a comfort working through open-ended, ambiguous problems. We embrace the unknown and create momentum in projects through providing the right level of strategic balance & tension. We are empowered to drive change and make an impact.
As an Innovation Strategy Lead, you will create new strategies and business models that drive value for our clients, Accenture and The Dock through:
· · Qualifying new Dock projects that apply new technologies or require business model innovation
· · Working with internal project teams and our clients to bring new Accenture products & services to market
- Critically assess new opportunities at The Dock through client pain point identification, value proposition development and client sales pipeline identification
- Build high-level financial models to ensure the commercial viability of new products & services
- Research and apply critical thinking to industry & market trends, competitor dynamics, startup ecosystem investments and current events to provide relevant business insights
- Work to tight timeframes to shape ideas, create connections and develop opportunities
- Synthesize findings and summarize a broad range of data inputs into frameworks that enable clear communication of data and insights
- Project manage activities to move from an idea through to delivery with pace & accuracy
- Work with key stakeholders to build relationships across Accenture, clients and the wider ecosystem
- Facilitate senior stakeholder meetings and drive conversations with firm leadership
- Lead cross-functional project teams, building commitment & collaboration at all levels
- Be extremely solution orientated to succeed in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Take ownership and accountability for shaping and directing own work
- Take a positive and proactive approach to ambiguity to carve out clarity and clear objectives
- Mentor and develop junior colleagues, both on and off project teams
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
· · Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree, or equivalent
· 5 · 5-8 years’ experience in either; management consulting, commercial strategy, business strategy, product management or portfolio strategy.
· · Proven track record of leading diverse teams, driving collaboration and stakeholder engagement across business functions and geographies.
· · Familiar with bringing new products, services and assets to market
· · Strong presence with the ability to communicate and influence at executive/ senior management levels
· · Ability to prioritize tasks, work with schedules, manage resources while focusing on team goals
· · Proactive in approach, self-starter and requires minimum supervision
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
· · Advanced degree (MBA, Masters, PhD or equivalent)
· E · Experience navigating a large, global organization
· D · Demonstrated innovation strategy experience
· E · Experience in building business models for cloud platform solutions
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.