Job Title: The Dock – Technology & Engineering – Senior Engineer (Specialist)
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
About “The Dock”:
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where Engineers, Designers, Doctors,
Scientists, Visionaries and Makers are doing things that matter for people, for places and for the
environment. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace
designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
About Technology & Engineering:
We focus on the Full Stack Engineering Solution – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers –
solving problems using Applied Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Vision, IoT, Cyber-Security and Data
Working in tandem with Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and
Design pillars and practices, we operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum with a remit to
build the future in real-time.
The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients,
customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief,
empowers us to break future ground.
We are Agile:
We strive to create and maintain a culture that embraces Agile values and principles. We believe that
by enabling self-organising teams with the right tools and processes and by leveraging industry and
user feedback, we can respond quickly and learn as we go. This is the right way to uncover the best
solutions for The Dock, for our Clients, and for Society.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Engineer (Specialist) to join our growing Technology & Engineering
practice within the wider Dock organisation.
• You are someone with strong independent logical thinking and broad technical knowledge on
designing UX, creating core functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application
• You are someone who can maintain best practices within the team, using design patterns and
principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
• You are someone who understands the perspectives of front-end and back-end engineering, data
scientists, DevOps and be able to choose the right technology and approach rather than
constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
• You are someone who values relevant communication, is highly collaborative, enthusiastic in
achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging
What you will be doing?
You will be part of a large innovation-focussed Technology & Engineering team that helps The Dock
innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects,
prototypes and proofs of concept.
The successful candidate is expected to have deep practical knowledge of engineering modern
applications and is expected to bring Thought Leadership and Best Practice ideals. You will:
• Work within innovation teams to define, create and maintain best practices and technical
• Participate in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by
attending progress updates, bi weekly calls/meetings;
• Work with architects to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and
• Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver
compelling user-facing products;
• Break technical epics or stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide
reasonable workload estimation;
• Possess very good knowledge of the technology stack, working in an agile technical team
providing advanced engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards;
• Provide hands-on development on setting up frameworks, core mechanisms and troubleshooting;
• Pair programme with team members and review code to help them maintain best practices;
• Document key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
• Identify and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs;
• Work with technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions and
• Transfer knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defect support;
• Where applicable, be a technical mentor to share your specialisms and best practices.
Technical Skills & Competencies:
We would like to speak with those who have senior level skills in a selection of the following (highly
desirable items are marked with “H”, desirable items are marked with “D”, and any others are great to
have – we do not expect you to have all skills and all categories):
D Java EE ecosystem (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.)
D C# .Net (Core, MVC, etc)
H Node.js with one or more frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Sails.js)
D HTML5/CSS3 and related component libraries and tooling
D Test frameworks (e.g. Jest/Enzyme, Mocha/Chai, jUnit/Mockito)
D Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
D React, Angular, Vue.js or equivalent frameworks/libraries
D ORM (e.g. Sequelize, Hibernate, TypeORM)
D DevOps (e.g. CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes)
D Test/Behavior/Domain Driven Development
H Engineering practices & principles, e.g. OOP, functional programming, design patterns, unit
and integration testing
D Cloud services: e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform
H Developing with Git or other version control systems
H RESTful APIs, uServices, message/event, serverless -based architectures
D Responsive design & browser compatibility
H Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
D Data Analytics and Engineering
Machine Learning Tooling, e.g. TensorFlow, Cognitive Services, etc
D IoT or Distributed Ledger Technology
Robotics/Machine Vision/Control Systems
D Enterprise Line of Business Mobile/Web Applications
H S/W Engineering Principles & Practices
D S/W Architecture and Design Patterns
D User Interface Experience & Mixed Realities
D Applied AI/ML
Rapid Prototyping Practices and Tooling
D Cloud Engineering and Transformation
Technology & Innovation Consulting
Big Data and Applied Analytics
D DevOps and Security
D Agile Methodologies and Lean Practices
• 2+ years of experience working in an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly
collaborative work environment.
• 4+ years of experience as an engineer designing and implementing complex web applications,
enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
• B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or relevant professional experience.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with
more than 420,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a
multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to
unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under
three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital
marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society
and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability,
age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.