- Management: Support the team lead with all tasks and collaborate with the offshore resource as needed. Be back up to Tax team lead, with goal of being successor.
- Process Improvement: Help identify area of potential improvement and indicate to the team lead. Assist where possible in projects to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, reducing costs to the company.
- Tax Audits: Assist team lead during possible VAT Audits in countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Control and Compliance: Manage Internal Audit queries related to all work performed by the Team.
- Preparation and reviewing VAT & WHT Reconciliations and Journals in line with the fiscal calendar to ensure backup documentation is SOX Compliant.
- Gathering, analysing and reconciling VAT data from client financial systems and data received from client outsourced vendors.
- Support to third party advisor to facilitate preparation and submission of VAT returns in multiple geographies (Ireland, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy etc)
- Preparation and submission of Intrastat and VIES reporting in accordance with legislation
- Reconciliation of VAT liabilities to VAT returns made.
- Supporting query resolution including follow up on exception items from Third Party Return preparation
- Assisting in compilation of supporting schedules where required for VAT queries or audits.
- Third Level degree in Business, Finance, Law or equivalent
- Part qualified AITI, ACCA or similar qualification
- Experience in VAT Returns & WHT claims is an advantage. Training will be given
- Minimum 2 years work experiences working in similar environment
- Prior team management experience and advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office package including but not limited to Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Working knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Excellent team management skills: be able to lead with passion and purpose
- Action oriented: pursues work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation
- Strong communication skills: Writes, speaks, and presents information effectively and persuasively to the team, client and the wider Accenture organisation
- Drive for results and timelines: continually focuses on achieving positive, concrete results contributing to client’s and Accenture’s business success
- Planning / co-ordinating: ability to prioritise tasks to achieve primary objective within tight deadlines
- Decision making: Ability to make timely decisions on tax treatments using technical knowledge to ensure compliance & controls are not compromised
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Business Transformation Advisor - Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Mobile and Web Apps Developer Consultant (ALL LOCATIONS)
Business & Technology Integration
Global Travel, Aviation Consulting Manager 2
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.