VAT Accountant (French Speaking) 12 Month FTC
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s global businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The French VAT Specialist will partner with the Finance and Accounting teams and French Country Controllership teams to manage the VAT compliance and reporting function for internal Accenture business.
- Ensure that all VAT reporting and deliverables are accurate and met on a timely basis
- Build and maintain relationships with the Global Tax Group and internal Business Partners
- Develop knowledge of VAT rules and tools or applications supporting the VAT return process
- Manage, identify and work to improve compliance controls within the VAT return process
- Manage all aspects of the VAT return, ESL and Intrastat process as well as the VAT GL reconciliations
- Prepare and review all aspects of the VAT Returns (C3S/TVA) for Accenture French entities included DEB ensuring compliance with local and EU VAT legislation
- Support the preparation of the annual DADS and other statistics
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on any queries from the Tax Authorities
- Participate in preparation and delivery of VAT training to other Finance internal teams
- Support management, colleagues and Controllership on French VAT related queries, reporting, initiatives and ad-hoc projects
- Drive internal projects to minimize and mitigate VAT compliance risks
- Prepare and review accounting journals in SAP
- Collaborate and share knowledge with team members on an ongoing basis
- Develop an understanding of finance policy and tax law issues with respect to French VAT
- French language required
- Professional accountancy or tax qualification desirable
- Strong knowledge of VAT and Accounting Principles. French VAT experience is an advantage
- Demonstrated responsibility for timely delivery of tasks to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Good client relationship skills and team player
- Resourcefulness / Problem Solving and Attention to Detail
- Strong MS Office skills required. Experience with SAP is an advantage
- Experience in a tax and accounting environment working in VAT
- Professional tax qualification desirable, however VAT certificate and/or extensive VAT experience are highly considered.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.