Job Title: IT Operations Associate Manager
- JOB PURPOSE
- Building and maintaining on-going relationships with key individuals within the business to holistically manage and evolve their technology support requirements and with key individuals in our global teams
- Managing our PC upgrade programme and technology refresh pipeline
- Management of our Workstation and Mobile asset estate
- Financial planning, forecasting and spend control
- Ensuring that Information Security and Data Privacy requirements are implemented and audit ready
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Working with the Business and Global teams to define the Technology Refresh Lifecycle for Technology in scope
- Understand the strategy across the Technology Services functions to enable a proactive and collaborative approach to business planning
- Managing the New Joiner PC enablement service, ensuring new hires are enabled with a PC and relevant IT peripherals on day one
- Ensuring the Workstation Image is a robust, secure and compliant platform for PCs to be used by Accenture people
- Ensuring alignment with customer expectations in terms of functionality and cost
- Creating budget forecasts (Capital and Operational) for all technology in scope feeding into the UKI GS finance process and managing, monitoring and reporting expenditure against forecast
- Reporting on project variances and spend as required and collating monthly accruals for all related costs to meet Accenture guidelines
- Providing proactive updates on technology changes and developments to the wider operations teams
- Manage all 3rd party relationships (suppliers/vendors/contractors) to ensure provision of effective services, including PC hardware, IT consumables and outsourced installations services. Ensure suppliers are delivering value for money within the terms of the contracts
- Manage Service Review meetings to discuss service delivery and agree actions to maintain/improve service levels and financial performance
- Managing tenders to ensure compliance with Accenture standards for security, data privacy and value for money
- Build effective relationships, and act as the Technology Services customer champion in all respects in order to deliver customer excellence
- Proactively seek opportunities to meet or exceed the quality and consistency of service delivery in order to meet the customer needs escalating only when necessary
- Meet regularly with key customer groups, in order to validate/update service delivery requirements and to provide Service Management reports
- Effective team collaboration across our AWS, Technology Services and CIO teams both locally and globally through meetings, use of collaboration tools and shared repositories for sharing best practices and successful service delivery
- Work with off-shore teams to ensure service delivery meets service requirements.
- Work with the various internal teams to deliver projects as requested within agreed timescales and budget
- Provide effective management of all direct reports ensuring they are performance managed to a high standard, providing performance feedback in a timely manner, managing poor performance effectively and completing formal performance feedback via the performance management tool
- Implement the Career Development Framework to ensure individuals have the right skills for the role: training, developing and implementing succession planning within the team to meet business needs
- Manage and prioritise a complex workload for the team as a whole, to ensure optimum team performance
- Recruit new staff following correct procedures to ensure a professional image of Technology Services is presented at all times.
- Regularly hold 1-1 meetings, coaching sessions and personal engagement analysis in order to grow and develop skills and capabilities within the team.
- TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Degree level education is desirable, but not essential, attainment of Leaving Certificate required. Relevant experience and demonstrated performance, however, is the primary qualification for this role
- Approximately 5 years blue-chip company experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a large scale project environment
- Strong communication skills essential
- Very good people and team management experience required
- A strong customer focus and polished customer management skills (with experience of working with customers and stakeholders in high pressure environments)
- A quick thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude and an aptitude for creativity or the ability to adapt as required
- Confident, determined and assured demeanour, especially in high pressure or critical situations
- Experience of working with suppliers (internal and external)
- Experience of working in an SLA driven environment
- Very good knowledge & experience of using and supporting Microsoft office environment products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Comprehensive understanding of the principals and process of incident, problem, change & escalation management
- Understanding and knowledge of SNOW / Remedy or equivalent incident management tool
- Standard work hours of 09:00 to 17:30 typically apply. However, a flexible working attitude is certainly required when considering global teams and critical milestones within project delivery
- Office based and eligible for Homeworking, a level of travel and working from other customer or client locations will be required from time to time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.