- The first is Legal Operations (Legal Ops), which provides services to other Legal functions that improve their day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness, facilitate change and control costs. This SPOC role is part of the Strategic Programme Management team within Legal Ops.
- The second is the Government Relations (GR) function, which works to create a political and policy environment to advance the business objectives of our leaders in their markets; helps position our leaders to develop meaningful relationships with the top decision-makers and influencers in government and business; and positions the company as part of the local fabric of our communities. GR senior leaders are clients for the SPOC.
- GR: European GR Lead and their LT; Growth Markets GR Lead and their LT; other senior personnel within GR.
- Legal Operations: All teams
- Other Corporate Functions: Legal Marketing & Communications (M&C); Legal Finance
- Strategic Planning: Capturing information on the portfolio of GR initiatives for FY20 including expected outcomes, milestones, resourcing and costs. Helping establish and manage the annual schedule of GR LT and wider GR meetings and events.
- Governance: Supporting timely submissions of inputs, capturing decisions taken (including consequences and commitments); communicating and monitoring decision actions.
- Programme Management (PM): Providing consolidated status reporting on functional initiatives, including reporting on costs, issues and material risks to delivery. Helping on selected GR initiatives through junior PM activities such as capturing and monitoring action logs; process and deliverables documentation; creation of templates, tools and aids, reporting etc.
- Communications: Supporting with internal comms vehicles (e.g. portal articles, videos, newsletters, blogs etc.); set-up and execution of webcasts and team conference calls; and managing the key functional comms channels. In doing so, working with comms Subject Matter Advisors (within Legal Ops and Legal Marketing & Comms) to ensure application of the Legal Internal Comms Strategy; and associated clarity and consistency of GR LT messaging, touch-and-tone etc.
- Engagement: Supporting the use of engagement surveys, analysis of results and development of action plans for engagement improvement. Also, assisting Rewards & Recognition e.g. support for budgeting and distribution of Performance Points.
- Learning & Development (L&D): Supporting L&D planning and management of L&D events, including agenda and content development, logistics support, follow-up action capture and reporting.
- Knowledge Management (KM): Working with the KM team in Legal Ops to capture, curate and share GR know-how.
- Financial Management (FM): Working with Finance SMAs (within Legal Ops and Legal Finance) to support the GR LTs with six-monthly planning cycles for headcount and budgets; monthly delta analysis of actuals vs. forecasts; action planning to reduce these deltas; and miscellaneous FM activities.
- Technology & Innovation: Identifying opportunities for tactical improvements (e.g. through task automation, use of centralized tools / repositories etc.) and working with the Legal Tech Ops team to develop solutions. Supporting the SPOM GR to help the GR LTs strengthen innovation processes, tools, management reporting and culture.
- Business Operations: Overseeing management of GR distribution lists, org charts, asset register and access rights etc.
- Minimum of three years working experience in fast-paced project-based roles, be that consulting to external clients (e.g. in Strategy, Consulting or Digital) and/or working on strategic internal initiatives (e.g. in AEE). Relevant pre-Accenture work history will count towards this requirement.
- Proven track record of supporting client or internal stakeholders in variety of scoping, planning, execution and monitoring activities.
- Experience of working across multiple geographic borders and time zones
- Knowledge and competence in identifying and helping manage project risks, issues and dependencies.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrable knowledge of FORM and application to practical examples.
- Interest and/or exposure to the remit of GR activities e.g. through Accenture (e.g. in Health & Public Service) or prior work (e.g. roles in national governmental, supranational institutions e.g. European Commission, national or supranational parliaments, supporting MPs/lawmakers etc). However, as already stated, the primary focus of the role is Legal Ops.
- Exposure to data analytics, including modelling and visualization.
- Strong evaluation and problem-solving skills: able to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences.
- Logical reasoning: able to demonstrate rationale behind any recommendations and achieve consensus around proposed outcomes
- Strong spoken and written communication skills: able to deal confidently, tactfully and appropriately with people of different disciplines and at all levels of the organization
- Influencing and negotiation skills: able to build strong relationships with multiple global stakeholders quickly via virtual tools; listen, understand and respond to any concerns.
- Prioritization skills: Comfortable working within a large and complex environment with multiple stakeholders and interest groups.
- Task management: Professional and organized approach to delivery. Able to work under pressure and to tight timescales, with minimal supervision
- Energy: Willing and able to roll their sleeves up and do whatever is needed to achieve key business objectives.
- Drive: Commitment to getting things done, including self-sufficiency and the lack of need for detailed direction.
- Attention to Detail: Focus on getting things ‘right first time’
- Influence and communication: Able to influence key stakeholders and effect change through persuasion.
- Collaboration: Able to work well with others, to build strong relationships, to share knowledge and expertise to foster a sense of trust.
- Flexibility: Ability to manage diary and working pattern to enable more interactions with global stakeholders.
- Resilience: Able to manage emotions and take steps to manage workplace frustrations constructively; remaining calm and positive under pressure.
- Customized CV
- Covering Letter
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.