Business Analyst – Scalable Innovation
The Dock, Dublin 2
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
What you’ll be doing
You will be part of a team that provides project management and delivery skills across the extensive portfolio of innovation projects within The Dock. Collaborating with our clients, designers, software engineers and business subject matter experts, we take concepts and applications on the journey from idea to reality solving real-life problems across multiple industries. As a Business Analyst you will;
• Exhibit curiosity & a desire to learn about the project; seek to build a comprehensive understanding of the project including the market context, stakeholder map and technological approach
• Define & document requirements in collaboration with the team and stakeholders
• Communicate and agree requirements with the Product Owner, Developers, Designers and other business stakeholders
• Liaise with the project team to ensure requirements feed into development activities on a timely basis
• Drive the momentum of the project through the management of the requirements backlog
• Deliver owned tasks within the schedule and timelines agreed with innovation lead and stakeholders
• Support managers to coordinate work items and provide project updates & status reports as required e.g. represent at project status meetings
• Become proficient in The Dock’s key reporting & Agile project management tools such as Jira & Power BI to ensure that reporting is reflective of project progress
• Identify and raise issues to the appropriate team members at the appropriate time
• Serve as the glue connecting the various disciplines in the project team
• Communicate clearly and concisely, using appropriate detail for the audience and setting, within and outside of your core project team
• Build a diverse network across project teams, The Dock and previous project stakeholders to share ideas, lessons learned, and best practices and encourage collaboration within The Dock and the wider Accenture Community
• Develop an understanding of the Dock’s purpose, value model, services & offerings
• Must be seeking fast-paced career prospects and open to taking on responsibility early in your career
Your skills and qualifications
• Have a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent from a relevant discipline
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks & work with schedules while remaining focused on team goals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal abilities
• Experience of working in teams
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to change
Nice to haves
• Experience in a fast-growing start-up environment
• Certification & experience of Agile delivery (CSM, SPO)
• Project management certification (PMP, CAPM, PRINCE2 etc)
• Experience of Microsoft Dynamics and/or Power BI
• Experience of agile delivery tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.