Job Title: The Dock – Scrum Master
Overview of the Dock
The Dock is Accenture’s global centre for Innovation; it is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help Accenture and its clients unlock value by design.
Our design-led, multidiscipline team will research, incubate and pilot new and emerging digital technologies. Opportunities will focus on building the future in real time, partnering with clients across multiple industries and bringing together distinct skillsets to create true acceleration at scale.
Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment will be open and interactive; an experimentation culture combined with a disruptive brief will ensure that together we make major societal impacts.
Join us on this journey and be part of creating, building and influencing the Dock’s future. We are looking for the people who are:
- Motivated by open ended problems
- Passionate about reshaping the future
- Driven by embracing the unknown
What are we looking for?
Agile scrum master with a broad knowledge of agile frameworks. Proven ability to elevate project teams into high performance by successfully implementing agile principals and behaviours. We are looking for people who want to excel in the field of coaching teams and who seek continuous improvement. We are passionate about Iterative Development within multidisciplinary teams. We need someone who can leverage their experience, meet teams where they are at, implement the right agile framework with the right amount of strength to ensure each team is setup to succeed in using Agile methods. We can and will do whatever it takes to deliver truly great solutions.
- Identifies, assesses and aids the team in solving complex business problems
- Coaches and guides the team in Agile best practices
- Protects the Sprint goal, and ensures that the team do everything within their power to achieve that goal and hold themselves accountable
- Evangelises the benefits of agile development within the team, leadership and broader Agile community in Accenture
- Removes obstacles that affect the team
- Protects the team from outside distractions and shields the development team from all noise and interruptions
- Handholds the Product Owner when discussing more technical user stories, bringing in team members at required
- Sets up and takes ownership of retrospectives, sprint reviews and sprint planning sessions
- Ensures that the team smoothly adjusts to the cadence of the Sprint ceremonies, and also maximises the amount of available development time
- Ensures that the team has latitude in decision-making, and can act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Act as part of the Agile team, align, support and collaborate.
- Prepare and deliver Agile training sessions to the wider Dock team
- To be able to confidently communicate Agile benefits to senior leadership and/or clients.
Agile professionals define an adaptive model based on greater collaboration and communication between teams; Agile is a cultural change that impacts people, processes and tools in different ways across the organisation; based on iterative, time boxed and incremental approach, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing and cross-functional teams. Agile promotes adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery and encourages a rapid and flexible response to change.
- Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Certified in Agile practices i.e.
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master)
- PSM (Professional Scrum Master)
- 1-2 years working as Agile Coach or 2-3 years working as Scrum Master
- Knowledge of emerging digital technologies / platforms would be highly beneficial, inc:
- Web Content Management (Adobe AEM, Sitecore, OpenText, Drupal, Wordpress)
- eCommerce (Oracle ATG, IBM Websphere Commerce, Hybris)
- Order Management and Fulfilment
- Digital Asset Management
- Digital Fulfilment and Digital Supply Chain
- Video Content Management
- Identity & Access Management
- Enterprise Search (Solr, FAST, Google Search Appliance, Autononmy) / SEO
- Web Analytics (Google, Omniture/SiteCatalyst)
- Multi-device support (iOS, Android, smart phones, tablet, desktop, console, set-top box)
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 420,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.