Career Level: 8 (Associate Manager)
Accenture operates in a fast-changing environment and we are always evolving our business to be even more relevant, differentiated and competitive. Accenture Commercial Services (ACS) brings innovative solutions to our strategic commercial and contract-related functions to support our client teams as they manage, sell and deliver work for our clients globally. We are building capabilities in ACS as part of our corporate hub in Dublin, Ireland, to drive growth and profitability by streamlining end-to-end processes, creating an agile model that is scalable to balance global and local needs, and applying connected platforms, new technology and advanced analytics to become increasingly insight led, data driven and dynamic in our commercial and contracting work. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of this new team, working closely with the ACS Contracting Team Lead and the ACS Director of Legal Services to build the brand of Legal within ACS.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Assist in development, governance, deployment and training with respect to Accenture’s contracting standards and processes applicable to complex client facing transactions globally
- Collaborate with other Accenture functions and other groups within the Accenture Legal organization globally to improve transactional outcomes through an ACS cross-functional Centre of Excellence based in Dublin
- Collaborate with global stakeholders to drive compliance with internal policies, processes and escalations relating to contracts and contract risk
- Assist the AIL Contracting Team Lead in continuously improving contract review processes and workflows with a focus on balancing risk management, business needs and operational efficiency
- Work closely with the AIL Contracting Team Lead to drive various Contracting Excellence projects and initiatives globally
- Analyse and assess contract risks in accordance with defined policies, identifying necessary mitigations
- Review and draft specific contractual clauses for complex client facing transactions
- Review and draft language to adapt contracts subject to the law and jurisdiction / venue of other countries - to ensure alignment with Irish law
- Work closely with other members of the ACS team, including non-lawyers, to guide and support them on relevant areas relating to contract law and internal compliance as necessary for them to fulfil their roles
- Support the AIL Contracting Team Lead in supporting, training and managing external counsel to ensure close alignment with Accenture’s desired methodology and practices
- Stay abreast of legal developments - in Ireland, the EU and globally - affecting the company, its clients and industries, and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company's transactional practices
- Educate company executives in regard to legal and risk management issues
- Represent company's interests and interface directly with client counsel and negotiating teams
- Strategize with company executives on key strategic contracting issues
- Counsel, advise, and consult company executives based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity
- Develop internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on various legal and business issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Strong transactional experience in consulting, systems integration, digital services and outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, preferably in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group for an IT services and/or similar business
- Excellent business writing, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Experience of managing projects and driving these to completion
- Excellence in applying judgement and in managing and influencing multiple stakeholders across all levels of an organization
- Experience or proven aptitude in understanding and addressing multi-jurisdictional legal and commercial issues
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- Interest in understanding and leveraging technology in innovative ways to support the role of contracting lawyers
- Strategic thinker and implementer
- Understanding of basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Understanding of Intellectual Property issues as they apply to consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Ability to present creative alternatives and proposed solutions under time pressure
- Highly responsive and follows through on commitments
- Highly versatile to be able to develop and change as the role evolves and matures
- Excellent business writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Grasp of and strong interest in new age technology e.g. digital, analytics and cloud
- Private practice experience desirable
- What academic qualifications do you need?
- Qualified Solicitor/Barrister with a minimum of 3 years PQE
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Salesforce Senior Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Posted 2 days ago
Agile/Change Organization Consultant
Posted 2 days ago
Federal - Integration Operations Analyst, Mid
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.