Role Summary: -
- The Internal Auditor performs audit projects in accordance with Accenture’s audit methodology and The Institute of Internal Auditors’ (“IIA”) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. The Internal Auditor – Information Technology focuses on audit projects that involve cyber/data security, computer operations, and IT compliance.
- The Internal Auditor effectively executes a wide range of Internal Audit activities in a high quality and timely manner. In their role, they perform activities that include planning and developing work programs, identifying recommendations for continuous improvement in global processes and controls, communicating results, and following up on issues reported. They are also responsible for audit strategy development, organization risk assessment/planning, and completion of special requests for Accenture Management and the Audit Committee.
Depending on the role/organization the Internal Auditor – Information Technology belongs to and their career level, some or all of the following key responsibilities will apply:
- Participates in the detailed execution and communication of the risk-based work plan, including Accenture Management and Audit Committee special project requests.
- Verifies the adequacy of information technology (IT) operating procedures of the company through a systemic program of audits.
- Assists in development of the Company’s annual audit plan and schedule.
- Manages audit work, including audit work plan, work papers, findings, and associated reports.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of audit reports and work papers to ensure adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Conducts IT integrated audits with operational, compliance, financial, and investigative audit teams, as assigned.
- Manages cyber/data security, IT operations, IT service delivery, and compliance audits, as assigned.
- Identifies, recommends, and reports improvement opportunities for global processes and controls.
- As appropriate, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of technology, security, financial, and other processes and evaluation of organization-driven risk.
- Manages auditee relationship, including facilitating meetings, discussions of findings, and presenting draft and final reports in a professional manner.
- Prepares well-written and timely audit reports and high-quality presentations for leadership and board level reporting.
- Develops audit skills and establishes/maintains relationships related to the risk areas assigned.
- Contributes to appropriate skilling of the IA team (e.g., recruiting, training and development, coaching/mentoring, providing career growth opportunities).
- Keeps abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in technology and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws.
This role description reflects Management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned.
Educational Level: -
- Bachelor´s Degree (±16 years)
Educational Qualification: -
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
Good to have:
- CISA, CIA or CISSP certification
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology auditing, combined audit/IT audit, or relevant information security or information technology roles.
Good to have
- Big 4 experience
- Experience working in a global Internal Audit function
- Cyber security experience
- Strong working knowledge of operational, compliance and IT auditing techniques.
- Broad IT knowledge in infrastructure technologies (networking, data centers, servers, etc.), application development and support, and emerging technologies.
- Experience with Windows and UNIX operating systems and Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of and audit experience with SAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven management and organizational skills.
- Ability to train, develop, and motivate team members.
- Sarbanes-Oxley project experience, familiarity with COSO/COBIT framework.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Jose
Bilingual -Content Moderation Associate
Business Process Delivery
USA AL - Huntsville
Federal - SAP Functional Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Middleware & Integration Architecture Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.