- Help lead and coach a team in the preparation of monthly analytical review on P&L, Dashboard and Balance Sheet including variance explanation.
- Month end review of journals to ensure US and local GAAP (UK/Ireland) compliance and working with local leads to understand business events.
- Preparation and review of the Balance Sheet report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records and provide sign-off on SOX and internal financial controls.
- Provide accounting support to the Specialist including responses to ad hoc requests.
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects.
- Involvement in setting up and improving accounting processes with a view to making them more efficient.
- Ability to multi task and provide cross team support as required.
- Become a point of contact for the UKI Finance community.
- Quarter End reporting to Global Controllership.
- Develop the team’s knowledge of tools and applications in support of General Ledger processing and of Accenture's business.
- Meet key reporting deadlines on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maximise team performance through target management and motivation.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Analytical and computer skills, preferably MS Office
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Customer focused
- Sense of responsibility, ownership, initiative and high quality work standards
- Strong team working skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Prior experience of SAP an advantage
- Professional accountancy part qualification – preferably ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
- Min. 2+ years experience in an accounting environment, preferably in a practice environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Jose
Bilingual -Content Moderation Associate
Business Process Delivery
USA AL - Huntsville
Federal - SAP Functional Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Middleware & Integration Architecture Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.