To manage a professional, knowledgeable, and efficient Workplace Safety and Security service for the benefit of the Accenture Ireland business with the aim of proactively and reactively reducing infrastructure risks to Accenture.
Responsible for managing the Health & Safety and Security programmes in Ireland, providing support and guidance to employees and stakeholders in delivering the programme and policy requirements.
The Specialist will also be the service owner for Manned Guarding/Electronic Security services in Ireland and will provide governance to the Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) requirements in a manner that satisfies legislation, best practice, and corporate position/reputation.
The role will manage an annual security budget in consultation with the UKI Security and Risk Leads and Ireland Office Operations Team.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Accenture’s changing business and the effects on teams locally and globally, recognising the changes in risk profile. Ensure this knowledge is applied in the design and implementation of the safety and security programmes and considered in relevant service offerings
- Use persuasive and effective negotiation skills to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships to ensure service delivery reflects business need
- Act as a point of contact for advice on Physical Security and Health & Safety in Ireland and escalate on all issues related to these workstreams
- Ensure Safety and Security services for Ireland comply with all Global Policy requirements
- Daily resolution of issues surrounding areas of service delivery, policy and procedures. This may result in wider scale activity (e.g. development of new procedures, research into new risks)
- Ensure proactive operational management of the Ireland Manned Guarding and Electronic Security Service to deliver demonstrable value and meet Accenture’s key objectives of improved cost, quality and service delivery for internal customers
- Maintain stakeholder contact through meetings and review of reports and performance with the Manned Guarding supplier and other stakeholders as required
- Ensure that Accenture remains aware of and where necessary compliant with legislative changes within service areas and ensure the appropriate steps are taken to implement actions to do so
- Provide support to and advocate for H&S initiatives driven by our H&S Advisors to ensure the successful implementation of the Accenture Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) in Ireland, including safety statements, policy and procedures, advising employees and project teams on health and safety matters
- Provide support and input to ensure Accenture achieves, maintains and continuously improves its credentials in relation to the international standards and accreditations process, coordinating compliance processes and internal/external audits as necessary (e.g. ISO 27001, ISO 45001).
- Assist with the Assessment and Audit Plan for Accenture Ireland offices and service sites
- Assist with the strategic planning of the roll-out of workstation assessments to all Ireland personnel in accordance with health & safety legislation and provide guidance to the DSE Lead in this capacity
- Investigate accidents/incidents and produce a report detailing the actions required to mitigate future risk of recurrence
- Provide the company’s insurers with documentation to demonstrate our commitment to effective health and safety management and legal compliance
- Provide support and guidance to the UKI Workplace Risk Management Team on matters relating to reportable incidents, to the enforcing authorities, and any subsequent investigation
- Provide input and support as required in the completion of Request for Proposal (RFP) / Request for Information (RFI) or Award submission documentation
- Develop and deliver security training/awareness sessions to key groups, to ensure a clear understanding of responsibilities
- Provide specialist input on relevant business initiatives and event planning relating to safety and security
- Lead project work as required which may include design and implementation of physical/electronic security and health and safety standards in new buildings and/or acquisitions
- Identify and track project risks and issues; develop and implement risk mitigation strategies consulting with UKI Security/Risk Leads as required
- Provide input to the UKI Workplace Risk Management/Security business plan and own related activities as appropriate.
- Daily resolution of issues and incidents in line with company policy and consequently improving procedures and reducing exposure to risk as a result
- Assist in the assessment of emergency incidents or specific security risks associated with potential disruptions/consequences to business activities.
- First line support and initial problem investigation, contingency arrangements and issue resolution
- Liaison and communication with AWS Management, Office Operations and Service Providers as required to ensure appropriate and proactive escalation, information and resolution
- Root cause analysis and corrective action planning
Supplier and Relationship Management
- Optimise supplier expertise and resources to meet Accenture business needs and provide quality, innovation and efficiency in service delivery
- Ensure the service contract and any procurement activity are managed in compliance with agreed procedure
- Manage the supplier performance for service lines owned to ensure Accenture receive best value and ensure that service delivery meets contracted SLA’s with reported evidence
- Create a culture of continuous improvement in the supplier organisations through robust quality management systems
- Ensure Operational and Strategic Management Reviews are delivered on time by suppliers and are productive and focused on relevant objectives
- Participate in forums/groups in a proactive manner both within Accenture and external to the company to maintain and improve industry knowledge
- Establish good working relationship with other Service Owners to seek guidance, share information and define required actions as appropriate
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders, customers and clients to develop, implement, align and improve service management, control and delivery
- Establish a strong relationship with the Supplier Management Team to facilitate effective service delivery and meet Accenture’s objectives
- Establish and implement a strategic Communication Plan which supports planned deliverables (e.g. training and internal/external audits) and targets broader improvements in employee awareness and behaviour.
- Work collaboratively with AWS and TS:L teams to help ensure connectedness in safety and security awareness and relevant projects
- Manage Website and SharePoint information portals to ensure they are current and accurate.
In conjunction with the UKI Security & Risk Leads:
- Establish detailed budget requirements and reforecast regularly to reflect changing need
- Monitor spend against budget, ensuring rate of spend and actual out turn are within budget forecast
- Interrogate monthly finance statements and provide commentary on any material variance against forecast
- Ensure compliance with Accenture’s procurement and payment policies and invoices are paid on time
- Provide considered propositions for cost savings to Management
Documentation/ Management Reporting
- Provide input to quarterly Infrastructure Risk Committee (IRC) report providing accurate and relevant Safety and Security performance related statistics and progress against objectives
- Prepare reports and presentations as required to communicate risk management/security information to relevant stakeholders
- Attend and be prepared for meetings with the UKI Security/Risk Leads highlighting key initiatives, the latest status updates, successes, concerns and issues associated with service delivery
- Source and provide information for Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation as required (often requiring urgent response)
- Compare and benchmark Supplier performance across the portfolio and with wider industry to report on and implement opportunities for improvement
- Prepare, analyse and distribute monthly Clearance reports to Authorising Persons to ensure compliance on Access Levels, taking action on changes instructed by Customer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Jose
Bilingual -Content Moderation Associate
Business Process Delivery
USA AL - Huntsville
Federal - SAP Functional Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Middleware & Integration Architecture Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.