Overall purpose of job
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team environment.
- Good organisational & time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain key relationships.
- Fluency in English
Desirable but not essential:
- A Third level qualification
- 6 months + collections or accounts payable/customer care/sales experience.
- Competency in Microsoft Office - particularly in Excel
- An aptitude for negotiation, reporting, and problem solving.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - Austin
Medical Policy Support Associate Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
USA NY - New York
Finance & Risk - Liquidity Risk Manager
Workday HCM Manager - Northeast Region
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.