Systems Design Lead
Systems designers play a critical role in examining, modeling and improving the human experience in an increasingly digital world. Systems design starts by understanding a systems goals and then developing a holistic understanding of people, technology, data and their interdependencies. Critically, it’s about transforming this understanding into contextual models, insights and design concepts that drive discussion, ideation and progressive change.
System designers balance an understanding of human psychology with knowledge of emerging technologies. They consider the social, economic and technical components of the system. System designers understand and envision complex systems with all sub-components such as products, services, technology and data while keeping humans as the central actors in the system. They work as part of a multidisciplinary team to augment traditional design research methods with the principles and practices of artificial intelligence, behavioral economics and analytics.
As a Systems Design Lead you:
• Plan the activities and deliverables for innovation projects including workshops, research, ideation and prototyping
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative research into socio-technical systems across a broad range of domains including Enterprise Systems, Health & Life Sciences and Industrial Domains.
• Develop system models, service blueprints, functional goal models and key performance indicators that directly inform the design of system components.
• Propose system concepts and user journeys for the human touchpoints with the systems
• Collaborate with software architects, data scientists and the business experts to develop functional specifications for digital touchpoints including visualizations, cognitive agents, wearable technologies and machine learning components.
• Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
Working together, we will:
• Use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives in a complex digital world.
• Work on innovation projects that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
• Collaborate with other disciplines to evolve the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
• Ability to create system maps, process maps, service blueprints, user journeys and interaction models.
• Experiencing analyzing and modelling complex systems
• Ability to read and understand technical documents including system architectures & data dictionaries
• Curiosity, interest and experience experimenting with emerging technologies
• Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not l limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
• Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
• 7-8 years of in-depth experience of Systems Research or Service Design across varied business domains.
• Qualifications or equivalent experience in one of the following (or a related) field
• Human Computer Interaction
• Human Factors Engineering
• Cognitive Science
• Product or Service Design
• Experience leading and collaborating with other disciplines including software engineers, data scientists, business analysts and subject matter experts
• Senior stakeholder and production team management.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work.
Please note, as part of all designer recruitment processes, we’ll require a portfolio of your relevant work in order to consider your application. Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or attach an additional document with samples of your work.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 2 days ago
Infor/Lawson Global HR Consultant (H&PS)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
USA CO - Denver
.net C# Developer
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.