- Management: Lead a team of 3 personnel across a number of functions within the Tax environment (1 onshore; 2 offshore). Be responsible for managing and mentoring 3 direct reports, performance management, team motivation and retention.
- Process Improvement: One of the main objectives of the role is to initiate, manage and get involved in projects to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, reducing costs to the company. Work with AFC and SDL to identify areas of improvement and those to move to the offshore team to drive efficiencies.
- Tax Audits: Liaise with Microsoft Tax Managers during possible VAT Audits in any of the several countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Internal Audits: Manage Internal Audit queries related to all work performed by the Team.
- Reviewing VAT & WHT Reconciliations and Journals in line with the fiscal calendar to ensure backup documentation is SOX Compliant.
- Making sure that the activities in the VAT & WHT Team are accurately performed within the deadlines previously agreed with the client and filings are made within the statutory deadlines set by the local Tax Authorities.
- Reviewing/Manage all WHT claims prepared by the team to ensure the client is meeting the requirements stipulated by the local Tax Authorities.
- Dealing with miscellaneous tax queries from the business and auditors.
- Engaging in the training, coaching and development of team members.
- Achieving SLA & Metric targets in line with SLA agreements.
- Planning for areas that will impact the operational running of the business to ensure that there is sufficient cross training to cover eventualities (such as vacation, Exam leave, absenteeism, natural attrition).
- Third Level degree in Business, Finance, Law or equivalent
- AITI, ACCA or similar qualification
- Clear understanding of EU Taxation environment in Valued Added Tax (VAT) & Withholding Tax (WHT) is a must
- Experience in VAT Returns & WHT claims is a must
- Minimum 5 years work experiences working in similar Tax environment
- Prior team management experience and advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office package including but not limited to Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Working knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Excellent team management skills: be able to lead with passion and purpose
- Action oriented: pursues work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation
- Strong communication skills: Writes, speaks, and presents information effectively and persuasively to the team, client and the wider Accenture organisation
- Drive for results and timelines: continually focuses on achieving positive, concrete results contributing to client’s and Accenture’s business success
- Planning / co-ordinating: ability to prioritise tasks to achieve primary objective within tight deadlines
- Decision making: Ability to make timely decisions on tax treatments using technical knowledge to ensure compliance & controls are not compromised
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Salesforce Senior Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Posted 1 day ago
Agile/Change Organization Consultant
Posted 1 day ago
Federal - Integration Operations Analyst, Mid
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.