Do you want to join a next generation software engineering team in Dublin? Do you want to lead high-quality custom development using new technologies, DevOps, agile, industry standards and a Cloud/Mobile/API first approach? If so, this is a great opportunity to be part of a new and growing team, to build strong skills in the latest approaches, to learn strong software engineering techniques and to work with great people in a state of the art innovative environment.
We are passionate about learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative and productive.
CIO is a global team that provides best in class technology and employee experiences to support Accenture’s high-performance workforce. Our team’s mission is to produce high quality software and to lead the way in how software engineering should be done. We bring cutting edge technologies and approaches together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are based at The Dock, Accenture’s global centre for innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
As a Technical Architect you have a passion for creating outstanding architectures and applications in an Agile Scrum environment. You have an ability and passion to quickly learn and implement new technologies as required, to define technical solutions and to provide technical leadership.
· Serves as a technical design authority and recommends build decisions for software components
· Provides technical leadership and mentoring to teams in an agile custom development environment
· Participates in rapid application development and agile processes to deliver new web/mobile/cloud/API/security components
· Sets architectural vision and direction across several development teams
· Drives architecture and the design of enterprise mobile/web/API solutions at scale
· Works collaboratively with other central architects
· Ensures adherence with central enterprise architecture frameworks and standards
· Gains approval for architecture acceptance from the central architect community
· Documents architecture views and deliverers architecture artefacts required by the delivery process
· Proposes solutions that fulfil business needs and follows architecture standards and best practices
· Collaborates with agile/feature teams and project teams by providing governance guidelines and architecture principles
· Assess and adopt new technologies as required
· Hands-on participant in architecture Proof of Concept activities and performance tuning software
· Organises educational activities for the application developers
· Identifies opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive them from concept to implementation
· Develops cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Synchronise with non-technical teams to deliver product releases smoothly, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Works with vendors and stakeholders to identify technical risks, constraints and dependencies
· Works closely with the product management and development teams to rapidly translate the understanding of customer data and requirements to technical solutions
· Individual and team learning and development
· Computer Science (or similar) degree
· 4+ years’ experience in a technical/solution architect role in a custom software development environment
· Solid technical background with skills in multiple programming languages
· Understanding of web, mobile, cloud and API development concepts and patterns
· Experience working with developers, scrum masters, product owners and other technical architects
· Ability and passion to quickly learn and implement new technologies as required
· Ability to communicate and work in a team in a fast-paced Agile Scrum environment
· Strong oral, written and presentation skills with all level of stakeholders
· Passion for Agile, iterative development and continuous improvement
· Solid understanding of Agile Scrum and SDLC principles
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing priorities
· Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
· A solid track record of architecting and designing large-scale high-throughput solutions
· Proven ability to assess and recommend architectures, technologies and vendors, with an understanding of multiple options for architectures
· You can communicate in a fast-paced Agile environment and have excellent oral, written and presentation skills
· You have leadership and collaborative interpersonal skills to engage and motivate team members
NICE TO HAVE
· Evidence of strong academic achievement
· Experience with DevOps, automation testing, SDLC principles, serverless architectures, microservices, design patterns, test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, progressive web applications an advantage
· Experience with security best practices and technologies such as OAuth an advantage
· Experience with cloud technologies (such as AWS or Google Cloud) is desirable
· Experience with Azure DevOps
· Hands-on experience with open source software and programming languages is desirable
· Very good conflict resolution skills
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others
· Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to drive development of solutions, from architecture to design and development, including mentoring developers
· Certification in Agile an advantage
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.