Learning Exchange Overview
At Learning Exchange we partner with our Financial Services client to deliver engaging learning solutions which support achievement of their business strategy. You will be joining a team of motivated energetic people with a huge passion for delivering results and helping people learn and grow. We pride ourselves on a strong partnership and culture of collaboration with our client – built over 12 years of providing an end to end Learning service. Our next generation, design-led service, puts the human back in the heart of Learning and enables our customers to cultivate their curiosity and to amplify their capabilities.
The Learning Experience Design Lead (LEDL) is responsible for the overall strategic definition and design of learning experiences. LEDLs play a critical role in the end-to-end learning process – learning need identification, analysis, design, development and transition to delivery.
The LEDL partners with Business Partners (Business Interlock), Client Programme Owners, the offshore LEDD team and is accountable to bring the right SMEs to solve the business challenge identified by the client with a holistic learning experience. The LEDL is responsible for the overall design integrity and quality of the learning experience (through initial release). The LEDL is accountable for bringing innovation and analytics insights to the end-to-end process. Additionally, the LEDL is accountable that the learning experience(s) achieve the desired business outcomes.
- Learning Needs Identification
- Verify the business problem can be solved with a learning experience
- Learner Analysis
- Participate in learner ethnographic research to better understand learners’ needs and context
- Review and understand the synthesized results of the learner ethnographic research into a summary and analysis document (input for the design workshop and shared with workshop participants)
- Learning Experience Design
- Own and facilitate learning experience design workshops (collaborative “rumble” sessions) to create holistic, durable learning experiences
- Include point of view on learning innovation and analytics
- Create initial learning experience conceptual designs (based on proven instructional theory) that meet business outcomes and appropriately take advantage of a wide range of enablement options that include: learning assets, knowledge management, certification, learning boards / collections, social learning, etc.
- Define prototyping and development approaches based on client needs and schedule
- Ensure overall quality, integrity, organization and execution of the learning design meets agreed-to quality criteria and business outcomes
- Facilitate project kick-off meeting with development team(s) to build understanding of the client and project; set expectations with team(s) based on individual development plans and course schedule
- Engage with PMO resources
- Detailed Design & Iterative Development
- Conduct durable learning reviews to ensure learning experiences are “sticky”
- Identify learning objectives for each learning experience component based on desired business outcomes; align content to appropriate learning objectives
- Maintain quality of the holistic learning experience across / within multiple AL channels through iterative development and transition to Delivery
- Establish quality governance within and across learning experiences
- Align staffing and governance approaches with Project Manager, client and LEDD requirements
- Update the Delivery Lead on learning experience progress and cross check to ensure Delivery is prepared for transition
- Confirm quality of learning experience(s) to durable learning and business outcomes (exit criteria for transition to Delivery)
- Transition to Delivery
- Work with the Project Manager to establish transition schedule and activities in conjunction with the Strategic Delivery Planner
- Contribute to and participate in project debrief reviews
- Identify continuous improvement areas based on lessons learned; modify process steps as appropriate for client situation with input from manager
- Relationship Management
- According to governance approach, partner with Project Manager to ensure risks and issues with timeline, scope and budget are appropriately documented, reported and mitigated
- Collaborate with team, peers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to maintain relationships
- Innovation and Analytics
- Work with Marketing to create good news stories for learning experience successes on a bi-annual basis
- Help educate LEDD team members on the efficacy of new learning trends and be responsible for building out enablement materials for the efficient and effective implementation of those new trends
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned.