Job Title: Ventures & Acquisitions (V&A) Controllership Specialist
Career Level: 9 - Consultant
Contributing to the successful finance integration arising from Ventures and Acquisitions activity:
• Responsible for integration of acquired entities’ Balance Sheet and P&L into SAP with the overall goal of “business as usual” within a defined timeframe
• Work collaboratively across various integration teams to ensure efficient integration of back office operations of acquired entities into Accenture standard practices
• Reconciliation of statutory financial statements to US GAAP opening balance sheet and affiliate accounting for acquired entities (audit / due diligence of financial statements)
• Provide finance / controllership support to local legal teams on liquidation of acquired entities
• Assist with monitoring of the V&A pipeline and gathering required information on upcoming acquisitions to communicate to impacted service delivery teams
• Create standardised process through working on existing and upcoming acquisitions and establish self as Acquisition Subject Matter Expert within the controllership group
• Maintain documentation and learnings from prior acquisitions to further finance excellence
• Ensure data retention compliance
• Ability to work collaboratively across the finance organisation to achieve results
• Strong technical accounting knowledge around acquisition accounting
• Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Strong ownership mentality with initiative and high quality work standard
• Strong problem solving skills with ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively - reliable with "can do" attitude
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Experience with SAP an advantage
• Fluency in English
Qualifications and Experience:
Professional accountancy qualification, preferably ACCA, CIMA or ACA
• 5+ years of progressive financial accounting experience
• Acquisition accounting and finance integration experience
• Statutory accounts preparation experience
• Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and experience of IFRS an advantage
• Legal entity liquidation experience an advantage
• Corporation Tax experience an advantage
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Salesforce Senior Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Agile/Change Organization Consultant
Federal - Integration Operations Analyst, Mid
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.