Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00700687 00700687_en-GB
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Specialist
Level: 9 Specialist
The UKI Finance & Accounting specialist supervises the financial accounts of the UKI business and manages the monthly close process, reporting directly to the team manager and the financial controller.
· Responsible for leading part-qualified accountant(s) and for the technical lead role in the finance and accounting team supporting the UKI business.
· Manage the preparation of month-end accounts and reporting including monthly close, analytical review of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet accounts, review of Balance Sheet reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting.
· Analyse and report on revenue, interco, payroll and DNP for the various co codes and develop an in-depth understanding of the UKI Accenture business.
· Prepare and review various types of journal entries on a monthly basis to ensure US GAAP compliance and work with other local finance teams to understand business events.
· Prepare monthly reporting for the UKI Financial Controllers on a regular basis.
· Review monthly internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
· Pursue continuous improvement of accounting processes with a view to making them more efficient.
· Maximise team performance through target management and motivation.
· Ability to multi task and provide cross team support as required
· Accounting background with strong analytical skills
· Positive attitude and flexibility
· Customer focused
· Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standard
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
Qualifications and Experience:
· Pursuing Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
· 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
· Supervisory experience an advantage
· Exposure to US GAAP and previous experience with SAP an advantage
· Proficient in Excel
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.