Strategy consulting today requires the ability to see how business, technology and operations all intersect. At Accenture Strategy, you will work closely with the world’s top organizations and leverage Accenture’s expertise in these areas to develop strategies that turn your ideas into actions.
As part of the 6,000+ Accenture Strategy professionals in our global community, you’ll provide actionable insights to clients, helping them address priority C-suite issues with strategies they can execute with speed and at scale. Our deep understanding of our clients’ industries and our global perspective on progressive business ideas and emerging technologies enables us to drive and deliver transformational change.
Technology Strategy is now an integral part of every business strategy and you will sit at the very heart of some of the most exciting and business-critical transformations taking place. Because Accenture covers the end-to-end business capabilities from strategy to implementation, we develop innovative technology strategies that leverage the insights and expertise gained from pragmatic experience to deliver lasting results.
We are looking for an excellent knowledge of Technology Strategy capabilities as well as the ability to communicate with senior IT and business leaders. You will enjoy the freedom to innovate and the support to excel.
- Developing comprehensive IT strategies, including but not limited to digital strategies, operating models, information strategies, system strategies and target architectures, capability assessments, sourcing strategies and models, best practice IT process frameworks and delivery models
- Assisting our clients in establishing and implementing a vision, road map and governance to address today’s business needs and support future growth
- Identifying where our clients can leverage IT for greatest strategic impact, defining a target IT architecture that supports business requirements and reduces costs
- Developing associated business cases and plans which are detailed and actionable, and which reflect our practice’s deep industry, IT and business process acumen
- Assisting our clients to build the required capabilities for growth and innovation to sustain high performance
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams to shape, sell and implement programmes
- Developing our offerings and assets
- Mentoring and developing our people
- Minimum 2.1 degree from a world class university
- Engineering and / or technology focus preferable
- Industry accreditations such as TOGAF preferable
- MBA preferable
- Above all, you must have proven experience in defining and delivering impactful, effective and pragmatic technology strategies
- Consulting experience (at consultant / manager level) or relevant Technology Strategy background
- Expertise in at least three of the below:
- Operating Model design including multispeed ways of working and investments
- Innovation processes and investment
- Business case and strategic roadmap development
- Enterprise Architecture design including business, application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Broad knowledge of established and emerging technologies, and a point of view about industry leading solutions and their application to client situations
- Experience in cloud strategies including vendor selection, appropriate model selection (e.g. on premise, public, private, hybrid), decision of which applications should be migrated to cloud and rearchitected / application rationalisation
- Deep industry expertise in at least one of the following industries:
- Financial Services (Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets)
- Products (Consumer Goods & Services, Retail, Industrial, Life Sciences, Travel)
- Knowledge of and passion for business and technology trends such as AI, Microservices/Containers/APIs, Blockchain, ZBx, Platform Business Models, RegTech
- Good knowledge of strategy and / or enterprise architecture concepts through practical experience and via exposure to industry models and frameworks e.g. Porter’s five forces, Norton Kaplan, Minto pyramid, TOGAF
- Personal and professional attributes required to convince senior leadership to take bold actions and coach them through major change
- Equally comfortable in the role of business or IT strategist; able to rapidly assess the IT implications of business strategy and the business implications of IT strategy
- Intellectual capacity and relevant experience to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Most importantly though, we are looking for strategic thinkers and problem solvers who can nurture relationships with senior leaders, lead multidisciplinary teams embracing diversity, and coaching junior consultants that can think outside the box.
Working with an international team of talented individuals and having access to vast network of industry and functional expertise as well as extensive assets to help you do your work. You will have a platform to broaden your thinking and shape the strategies of leading companies globally. All our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programmes at many levels to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. The UK and Ireland Technology Strategy practice has a strong community across all offering groups and there are regular community events held to ensure collaboration and networking within the wider team. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build and enhance a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave per year, private medical insurance and 2 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Accenture Flex - Functional Tester -Norfolk, VA
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Digital Transformation Consultant ++
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Integrations/BIRT Associate Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.