Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00674747 00674747_en
The successful Test Manager, will be an expert testing professional with deep technical skills whose primary function will be to consult on, design, implement & review solutions to testing challenges working within a modern software delivery models such as Continuous Integration/Delivery/testing, with Agile Methodologies and focus on automation across all stages of the delivery lifecycle.
The applicant will have a:
- validated experience driving test quality through providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve test quality practices across an entire quality engineering team.
- strong interest in technology and will bring standard methodology, industry trends, latest tools & technologies to the various programs & projects they will be working on and be able to advise on these for different delivery approaches.
- Effective interpersonal skills - for both team & clients
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to provide mentoring to team & clients
- Strong understanding of metrics and how to show value of change
- Have confidence in proposing new ideas, tools and methods to clients
-Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Summary of Duties:
- Supporting a Testing Project in achieving their strategic goals for the business and by providing technical support and mentoring to the team.
- Confirmed understanding of testing approaches, practices, tools and techniques in order to help design and deliver the overall testing methodology used by the team.
- Have the ability to monitor the effectiveness of the testing function and bring about improvements through insights gained via analysis at all stages of the SDLC.
- Identify what tools and technologies should be implemented to support a CI/CD capability. aligning with that already used across the broader development function and in-line with the skill-set of the team.
- Lead the design and development of the test automation framework, harnesses and code libraries to enable the team to both use and enhance them across successive projects.
- Take responsibility for test infrastructure including environments and software, liaising with teams such as DevOps and relevant support teams
- Provide technical know-how, documentation and training to test and other business functions.
- Stay up to speed on process, practice and technology developments internally and externally.
Knowledge and Questions:
- 9+ years relevant work experience with a working knowledge of design and delivery of quality software to standards and schedules.
- Ability to provide formal training as well as coaching to team members, management and clients.
- Knowledge & delivery experience of Test Automation Tools such as Load Runner, Selenium Web Driver, Drive, J-Meter, SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured.
- Knowledge & delivery experience of one of more of technologies such as Microservices, Rest API’s, Mobile & Cloud.
- Knowledge & delivery experience of in house and product delivery approaches
- Knowledge & delivery experience of modern delivery methodologies such as BDD, ATDD, DevOps, Lean, Agile
- Shown ability to develop test strategies plus approaches, producing estimates, planning, delivery of test preparation and execution on Web, Desktop, mobile, API’s, Service Level & Databases
- Strong Management and interpersonal skills enjoying responsibility and ownership at all stages of the test and development life cycle.
- Experience in working with Continuous Delivery Toolset including one of more of – Jenkins, JIRA, GIT, Chef, Docker, Test NG.
-Experience working in Waterfall and or Agile methodologies
- Relevant industry certifications
Does this appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes
applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.