Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00668280 00668280_en
Do you want to join a next generation software engineering team in Dublin? Do you want to do high-quality custom development using new technologies, DevOps, serverless, agile, industry standards and a Cloud/Mobile/API first approach? If so, this is a great opportunity to be part of a new and growing team, to build strong technical skills in the latest technologies, to learn strong software engineering techniques and to work with great people in a state of the art innovative environment.
We are passionate about learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative and productive.
CIO is a global team that provides best in class technology and employee experiences to support Accenture’s high-performance workforce. Our team’s mission is to produce high quality software and to lead the way in how software engineering should be done. We bring cutting edge technologies and approaches together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are based at The Dock, Accenture’s global centre for innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
• Produce clean code and automated tests
• Design and develop high quality software services and features, working with architects and other team members
• Participate in, contribute to and continuously improve Agile software development processes
• Align with enterprise architecture frameworks and standards
• Work under the guidance of development managers or others to analyse, modify and implement various common business needs
• Research, assess and adopt new technologies as required
• Assist project managers with the development of detailed estimates and work plans and ensure that projects are delivered on time and that they meet clients’ and users’ business needs
• Strive for quality of performance, usability, reliability, maintainability and extensibility
• Conduct research, make recommendations and apply new technologies
• Support development effort estimation
• Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements
• Use analytical rigour to produce effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
• Implement unit, integration and other automated tests
• Computer Science (or similar) degree
• Solid background in custom software development (or evidence of high academic achievement)
• Knowledge of Angular (ideally 2+) or Node.js
• Full stack understanding of web/mobile/API/database development concepts and patterns
• Ability to write clean code, think logically and solve problems
• Ability and passion to quickly learn and implement new technologies as required
NICE TO HAVE
• Understanding of DevOps, automation testing, test driven development, behaviour driven development, serverless or micro-services
• Experience with AWS cloud technologies (such as Lambda or DynamoDB)
• Knowledge of Ionic or Cordova
• Understanding of Agile Scrum and SDLC principles
• Experience with JSON and REST APIs
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.