- Lead, develop and supervise team members in the production of all UKI statutory and tax deliverables.
- Manage the relationship with Country Controller and the Global tax Group on a day-to-day basis; instill and nurture a strong Business Partnership.
- Responsibility for planning and managing the statutory and tax compliance timetable for the UKI entities in line with Accenture’s internal policy deadlines.
- Oversee technical accounting and tax research, including assessing the financial reporting implications of recently issued accounting standards on the business.
- Support and coach team members and ensure adequate succession planning is in place to ensure long-term performance of the team.
- Handle escalated queries and build strong country based knowledge.
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records and internal financial controls
- Responsibility for accounting for acquisitions and liquidations.
- Manage the relationship with audit and tax advisors answering queries & providing data as required.
- Involvement in setting up and improving on processes with a view to making them more efficient
- Identification of scope expansion possibilities and management of projects to implement same.
- Maximise team performance through target management and motivation
- Facilitate and provide cross team support as required
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting standards (IFRS and US GAAP) and UK and Ireland tax legislation
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and flexible
- Strong Project management skills
- Customer focused
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standard
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Team worker with ability to coach and motivate team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Professional tax qualification
- 7+ years of progressive financial accounting experience
- Supervisory and project management experience
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network –
Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.