Job Title: The Dock – Senior Back End Technical Lead (Associate Manager)
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We are looking for a senior back end technical lead to join our growing organisation. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
Agile professionals define an adaptive model based on greater collaboration and communication between teams; Agile is a cultural change that impacts people, processes and tools in different ways across the organisation; based on iterative, time boxed and incremental approach, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing and cross-functional teams. Agile promotes adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery and encourages a rapid and flexible response to change.
What are we looking for?
· We need someone who has strong independent logic thinking and broad back end stack knowledge designing core functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application integration.
· We need someone who can maintain best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and leading the team deliver high quality of code.
· We need someone who understand the perspectives of front end engineers, Data scientists, DevOps and be able to choose the right technology and approach rather than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
· We need someone who is highly collaborative, open and has a strong interest in new and emerging technologies.
What you will be doing?
We are looking for an experienced Lead Developer with a focus on Lightweight Back-End technologies – specifically in the Java EE Ecosystem (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Spark etc). You will be part of the advanced application engineers group of a large innovation-focussed Software Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects, prototypes and proofs of concept.
The successful candidate is expected to have deep practical knowledge and experience of developing modern web-based applications and is expected to bring Thought Leadership and Best Practice ideals to the team. You will be responsible for:
· Work with back end domain lead to define and maintain best practices, technical roadmaps;
· Work with back end domain lead and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions and workshops;
· Involved into the engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by attending progress updates, bi weekly calls/meetings;
· Work with architects to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and components;
· Break technical epics or stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide reasonable workload estimation;
· Possess strong knowledge of the back end tech stack, leading an agile technical team providing advanced coding expertise and guidance to deliver high quality standards;
· Maintain an element of hands-on development on setting up frameworks, core mechanism and troubleshooting;
· Pair programming with team members and review code to help them understanding best practices;
· Documenting key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
- Identify and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs;
· Transfer knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defects support;
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field;
· 2+ years of experience leading an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment;
· 7+ years of experience as a back end engineer designing and implementing enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration;
· Expertise in Java EE ecosystem (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc);
· Strong knowledge on design patterns, linting, logging, caching, building, unit testing and integration testing, API specification frameworks;
· Deep understanding of RESTful Web services and Micro services, serverless architecture;
· Strong understanding on Relationship database and NoSQL database (preferred MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Practical experience with defining and driving best practices in an Enterprise context;
- Test Driven Development (TDD)/Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) experience;
· Good understanding of Node.js and one of two frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Sails.js);
· Good understanding of ORM (e.g. Sequelize, Hibernate);
· Good knowledge of Cloud services: e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud;
· Good understanding on DevOps (e.g. CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes), front end and data engineering perspectives;
· Experience collaboratively developing with Git or other version control system;
· Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team;
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 420,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Microsoft - Technology Consulting - Senior Manager - Southwest
USA MD - Greenbelt
Federal - SOC / Security Engineering Deputy Lead
Property & Casualty Insurance Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.