The HR procurement Interlock role directly interfacing with local HR operations leadership and local procurement teams. Aligning with local and global procurement teams across the scope of procurement functions (contractor management, agency/vendor management, sourcing, training, permanent placement, and outplacement services), this role will provide HR support (without replacing other workstream or vendor’s responsibility) and oversight specific to priority Software & Platform client locations with the following responsibilities:
ALIGN TO TALENT STRATEGY
- Ensure that Procurement is informed, updated and aligned to the Local Talent Strategy.
- Ensure that a comprehensive staffing plan (contracting, in placement, outplacement, etc.) is developed or in development by Procurement to enable a strong supply strategy associated with and aligned to the Business Plan.
- Gather clear picture of current workforce management strategy, staffing and governance model (to drive proactive management of supplier and sourcing strategy, and vendor management approach as it aligns to contract).
- Ensure vendor has a framework for employment law and employee relations to ensure the right structure is in place to take care of contract staffing resources, including grievance handling.
- Ensure vendor has appropriate checks and balances to validate and confirm use of framework.
- Review existing vendor/agency contracts to identify and confirm agreed to contractual requirements for thorough awareness to in planning.
- Review proposed vendor/agency contracts to confirm coverage and accountability of vendor for contractor care.
- Provide advise on Contractors Learning needs when possible.
ENSURE FOLLOW THROUGH ON CONTRACTOR CARE
- Advise Procurement on management of vendor/agency contracts to ensure compliance.
- Confirm ER contractors’ escalations are being raised to appropriate channels. Also, track, report and ensure closure of ER contractors escalations
- Ensure vendor/agency capability to manage contractor’s mobility and advise on best practices.
- Confirm contractual ability to convert contract resources to full time employment status, aligned to agency and client contract requirements (timeline, conversion fees, etc.) as well as local legal requirements (work authorization, certifications, etc.)
- Coach and Advise Line Managers on Contractors HR topics.
- Train the vendor on specific S&P Training (Ex:#WeCare, Conduct Counts, Compliance, etc.)
- Work with local Procurement teams and across aligned workstreams specific to contractors’ engagement, Talent Strategy (attrition), #WeCare, Living Wage, conversion, etc. to monitor and support escalations for any issues.
- Review ER contractors’ metrics report and escalate issues.
- Ensure Suppliers are meeting HR metrics, engaging with local HR Service Delivery, etc.
- Provide weekly updates for senior leadership review.
Key Relationships :
Procurement, Employee Relations, Talent Supply Chain, Legal, Field HR, Recruiting, CAHRLs, Line Managers, etc.