Agile Coach / Scrum Master
Do you want to join a next generation software engineering team in Dublin? Do you want to lead high-quality custom development using new technologies, DevOps, agile, industry standards and a Cloud/Mobile/API first approach? If so, this is a great opportunity to be part of a new and growing team, to build strong skills in the latest approaches, to learn strong software engineering techniques and to work with great people in a state of the art innovative environment.
We are passionate about learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative and productive.
CIO is a global team that provides best in class technology and employee experiences to support Accenture’s high-performance workforce. Our team’s mission is to produce high quality software and to lead the way in how software engineering should be done. We bring cutting edge technologies and approaches together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are based at The Dock, Accenture’s global centre for innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
As an Agile Coach / Scrum Master you have a passion for creating outstanding software and applications in an Agile Scrum environment.
· Coach and guide teams in Scrum methodology and continuous improvement
· Promote Agile project management standards and benefits
· Establish, own and manage Scrum ceremonies, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews and sprint planning sessions
· Protect the Sprint goals and help the team to achieve them by clearing any blocking obstacles
· Continuously improve processes and tools
· Facilitate and lead team interactions and communications
· Work collaboratively with product owners, business analysts, testers, developers and technical architects
· Ensure that the team delivers high quality software on time and that it meets client and user business needs
· Support the product owner in management of the backlog
· Support the team in providing high level business analysis and development estimates
· Manage project scope, risks, issues, constraints and dependencies
· Computer Science (or similar) degree
· You have a passion for Agile, iterative development and continuous improvement
· You have knowledge of Agile development techniques such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean or XP
· You have a background in custom software development
· You are skilled in working with and facilitating agile software development teams
· You have a passion for quickly learning and implementing new concepts
· You can communicate in a fast paced Agile environment and have excellent oral, written and presentation skills
· You have leadership and collaborative interpersonal skills to engage and motivate team members
NICE TO HAVE
· Certification in Scrum an advantage
· Previous experience as a developer or business analyst
· Evidence of strong academic achievement
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Full Stack Developer
Design thinking transformation agilist FS Technology Advisor - Senior Manager+++
Business & Technology Integration
SRE/DevOps Transformation Lead FS Technology Advisor - Senior Manager ++++
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.