Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00649677 00649677_en
Job Title: EcoSystems Counsel Manager
Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal and Commercial
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture with a deep understanding of our clients' and supplier’ business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
The legal professional in this position (“EcoSystems Counsel”) will support matters within the scope of the Ecosystems Legal Group. The EcoSystem Counsel will sit within the Strategic Subcontracting Group (“SSG”) which provides advice and counsel on the formation of legal and commercial relationships related to Accenture's strategic subcontracts.
The EcoSystems Counsel’s main responsibilities will include advice and counsel to deal teams (contracting attorneys, procurement managers, solution architects, bid managers, lead negotiators, etc.) on deal shaping strategic subcontracts, as well as drafting and negotiation of complex subcontracting agreements.
The role requires attorney capable of managing multiple engagements as well as assignments to full-time coverage of a single engagement.
The EcoSystem Counsel will become a subject matter expert in regard to SSG matters and advise other legal professionals and various business groups accordingly. The position may include occasional support for Global Sourcing deals.
Proactivity, service-mindedness, collaboration and creative thinking will be keys to success in this role.
- Draft and negotiate subcontracts (e.g. SaaS,cloud,complex service agreements). , NDAs, Teaming Agreements and underlying legal exhibits, support in drafting of Statements of Work and review of such, etc.
- Manage and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Works collaboratively and effectively across Legal, Corporate Functions and deal engagement staff
- Support and provide subject matter guidance business and legal teams in regard to strategic subcontracting relationships and relevant issues and terms
- Assist and coordinate with legal professionals on other teams in connection with subcontracts
- Aid in the development guidelines, toolkits, training and knowledge transfer tools and materials including contract templates and training decks
- Mentor and help train junior members within Legal
- Develop, support or lead, and implement SSG initiatives
- Support the firm’s compliance with all applicable policies, laws and regulations
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, subcontractors, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into Accenture’s subcontracting practices
- Represent company’s interests and interface directly with Contracting Legal, EcoSystems Legal and negotiating teams
Reports to: Global EcoSystems SSG lead
Relationships: Technology Ecosystem & Platforms leadership; Contracting, Growth Platforms and other legal teams; subject matter experts (e.g. Procurement, Global Tax, Global Risk Management); and outside law firms
- Education: LL.B, with upper second class; LL.M
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience drafting and negotiating complex technology and BPO
contracts in an in-house or law firm role required.
Preferred Skill Qualifications:
- Experience with subcontracting, alliances, partnerships or other strategic relationships is essential.
- Fluent English, second language desired (e.g. French, German)
- Professional Skills:
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Strong oral communication, writing and negotiation skills
- Understanding of negotiate complex contractual structures including impact on commercials
- Deep experience with, and understanding of, key contract provisions such as representations, warranties, intellectual property (especially for license and maintenance subcontracts), indemnities (including IP infringement) and limits on liability as well as regulatory compliance requirements (e.g. data protection)
- Able to present innovative, original solutions
- Prioritize tasks, spot future risks and propose mitigations and solutions
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Ability to team with colleagues across Accenture’s business, at every level
- Ability to influence, strong executive presence
- Excellent communication skills and presents well
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting
- Teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting are important
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Work Requirements: Some travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us atwww.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.