Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00637965 00637965_en
LIMS Business Analyst
Joining Accenture provides you with the chance to make new ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies – our clients. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy a creative environment where meaningful and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture is one of the world's leading management consulting, technology services and outsourcing companies.
With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results.
Choose Accenture and make delivering creative work part of your exceptional career.
Accenture’s Life Sciences business is growing fast and to keep up with the pace we need your help to build our teams! Last year Accenture’s Scientific Informatics services (ASIS) was formed due to a demand for specialised Scientific Informatics expertise. This year we're experiencing greater demand for our services and are subsequently looking to recruit a bright, technically savvy business analyst to join the team.
We are hiring an experienced business analyst who will work closely with senior business and IT stakeholders from our clients to understand their business requirements and contribute to the design and implementation of new technologies to revolutionize scientific and laboratory processes. Your role will also be to lead either a project work stream or the overall delivery of the solution working alongside senior client stakeholders. The business analyst will be applying skills across a wide array of disciplines including system integration, supply chain, regulatory advisory and operating model transformation.
Our teams work closely with clients, building relationships and communicating effectively with stakeholders of varying seniority levels with this role requiring strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to demonstrate strong relationship management skills. Business Analysts contribute to the success of our clients by taking responsibility for large, complex and challenging technology engagements.
Want a career where you can make a real difference? Then Scientific Informatics consulting at Accenture could be the career for you.
What you will be responsible for:
• Create high-quality user and functional requirements and use cases for Scientific Informatics software (LIMS, CDS, ELN, LES, Lab Instrumentation) by working closely with other Accenture team members and clients Schedule meetings, document meeting notes and distribute meeting notes to invitees
• Participate in interviews, site visits and facilitated sessions with business users
• Initiate required regulatory and SDLC documentation
• Collect information regarding and monitor progress of business analysis activities
• Create as-is and to-be narratives
• Create and manage gap documentation
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of a requirements traceability matrix
• Identify business needs for laboratory informatics solutions
• Perform research of mild, moderate or high complexity into business processes, SOPs, system documentation and work instructions
• Facilitate one-on-one or small group interviews with business users
• Identify opportunities for business process improvement, including changes required to successfully adopt new laboratory informatics solutions
• Provide estimates for workstream activities, including dependencies, to the Project Manager
• Identify, manage and resolve risks and issues related to the workstream
• Provide Project Manager with status updates, activity progress and schedule updates
• Maintain excellent client relationships
• Review and estimate change requests
• Create and maintain SDLC documentation
• Contribute to all areas of system implementation including but not limited to vendor interaction, system compatibility, change control, qualification, deployment, and training
• Work with project teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as FDA, CAPA, CLIA, GxP, HL7 as well as internal policies and processes
• Analyze requirements to determine priority and business value
• Create and deliver training materials to end users
• Collect and monitor progress on project activities from resources
• Determine and document overall workstream approach
• Plan and estimate activities within the workstream
• Provide leadership for all resources within a specific workstream including client, vendor, consultants and associates
• Facilitate medium size group workshops with business users
• Perform stakeholder identification and analysis
• Work with business stakeholders, implement business process improvements
• Determine if defects are valid and disposition them
• Design, build, test and deploy Scientific Informatics software.
• Lead and mentor Junior Business Analysts and developers.
• Expert knowledge in one or more Scientific Informatics software (LIMS, CDS, ELN, LES).
• 3-5 years of business analysis experience in Laboratory Informatics projects.
• 3-5 years of experience working in regulated environments.
• Proven experience of both configuration and functional design in Scientific Informatics is needed.
• Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical IT Landscape.
• Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and ability to work within a team.
• Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Understanding of instrument integration.
• Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills.
• Clear understanding of key methodologies (ITIL, Waterfall and Agile methodologies).
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn new areas.
• Ability to meet travel requirements where applicable.
• 2 years of experience in LabWare LIMS .
• Experience working in large global/multinational corporations on large implementations/deployments.
• Software development experience.
• 4 Year degree in an applicable field
• Consulting experience with continuous increase in responsibility and technical competence
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.