Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00632674 00632674_en
CIO is a global team that provides exclusive technology and employee experiences to support Accenture’s high-performance workforce. Our team’s mission is to produce high quality technology solutions and to lead the way in how business technology and integration should be done. We bring cutting edge technologies and approaches together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are based at The Dock, Accenture’s global centre for innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
What's in it for you?
As a business analyst, you'll be working with dynamic project groups, the latest tools and software and will have the opportunity to deepen existing IT business analyst skills on the job. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
What we're looking for
IT Business Analysts who can collect functional and non-functional IT requirements and work with business and IT partners within the business to establish a clear definition of scope. You must be able to identify and document requirements, understanding how the requirements map to the technical solution whilst ensuring that the capabilities of the software or technical solution are considered.
You will be able to effectively translate these requirements into comprehensive business focused design documents to clearly articulate the proposed design.
You will then be able to work successfully with the development team, bridging the divide between IT and the business. Successful candidates will apply both functional knowledge and technical expertise during requirements analysis to deliver comprehensive solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Gathering, analysing and documenting solution requirements using Business Analysis techniques in an agile environment to capture both functional and technical requirements
- Using appropriate techniques and tools to capture ‘as is’ processes and working with the business and IT partners to define and document ‘to be’ processes
- Working effectively with developers and test teams to ensure requirements are interpreted correctly
- Facilitating requirements gathering workshops and managing follow-up activities
- Superb attention to detail and document creation skills
- Scope management
- Work with development and test teams to pull together estimates for change requests or larger pieces of work
- Establishing and maintaining traceability matrix to verify requirements coverage and completeness
- Working with client partners to ensure that collected requirements are measurable, testable and have an associated business benefit
Nice to have
• Previous experience as business analyst
• Experience of writing high quality user stories
• Background in Legal Services
• Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Experience in requirements gathering and documentation on technical projects
• Passion for continuous improvement
• Evidence of strong academic achievement
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.