Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00631291 00631291_en-GB
Digital Data Engineer
The CIO organisation is a global team that provides internal technology to support Accenture. Our mission is to seamlessly empower a highly effective high-performance workforce by providing best in class technology and employee experiences. We bring the latest research, methods and technologies together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are passionate about learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative and productive.
We are currently expanding our platform team in Dublin. The team will be performing cutting-edge technology evaluation and it’s possible use cases to be used in the Enterprise, lean agile and DevOps enabled processes, and a Big Data / AI / Nature Language Processing / Open Un-structured Data technology Innovation. This is a great time to join and be part of a new and growing team. It is an exciting opportunity to explore and implement solution on how data science can enable Enterprise Business Intelligence, to work in a state of the art innovative environment and to work with great people.
We are based at The Dock, Accenture’s global Centre for Innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
Develop applications including cloud-based API portal with the analytical models as Service:
- Develop application using the new technologies
- Produce detailed component specifications and identify, evaluate and recommend options.
- Understand and plan for evolutionary paths and ensure the architecture is correct for downstream deployment, scaling and sustainment
- Have a people orientated approach to work particularly when engaging with co-workers. Be a team player as well as a leader, with a keen interest on developing those around you.
- Be technically strong, and have the skills to present to senior client executives and external audiences, facilitate working sessions and partner with client teams to craft pioneering engagements
- Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
- Be unafraid to find the issues but be unremittingly positive in coming up with creative solutions for difficult challenges
- Experience in application development using the latest architecture patterns like serverless
- Understanding of Cloud Architectures (AWS / Azure Cloud)
- Experience with Data Science or Analytics projects is an advantage, but not required
- Problem-solving attitude
- Knowledge Big Data architecture and tools is an advantage
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with an entrepreneurial bias
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.