Job Title: Senior Data Scientist - NLP
The Dock Dublin 2
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We are looking for a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Consultant to join our growing Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) Team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
What you’ll be doing
The Analytics & AI team within the Dock applies leading Analytics & Artifical Intelligence (AI) technologies and techniques to address significant real-world business and societal challenges. Collaborating with our clients, designers, software enegineers and business subject matter experts, we take concepts and applications on the journey from idea to reality.
As an NLP Consultant you will.
- Work in teams delivering innovative Analytics & AI projects; ranging from research, proofs-of-concept to the delivery of real-world applications for our clients
- Be a deep hands-on practitioner, developing applications using core text analytics technologies including NLP, Information Extraction, Information Retrieval, Concept Extraction and Ontology Engineering.
- Follow best practice in text and language-based Analytics & AI technical delivery, methods and approaches.
- Participate in workshops & design sprints to identify breakthrough ideas, concepts and solutions to business problems.
- Embrace working in multi-discplinary teams and collaborate with designers, software developers, business experts and Accenture teams external to the Dock.
- Lead and mentor junior team members in their technical and professional development.
- Understand the key technology trends in the Analytics & AI domain, the business implications, and be able to match the future opportunities of those to the current and emerging challenges of our clients
- Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Applying your deep technical expertise to solve problems and develop new solution offerings for our business and our clients
- Bringing deep experience in developing NLP-based systems, using standard frameworks, toolkits and libraries.
- Demonstrating good understanding of the potential utility, limitations and challenges of a wide range of NLP techniques and keeping abreast of new developments in academic research and industry.
- Being responsible for shaping, owning and delivering complex Advanced Analytics applications and experiments and being responsible for their business value and measures of success.
- Leading teams and nurturing new skills and capabilities in these teams
- Interacting, collaborating and sharing experiences with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds.
- Presenting to and interacting client and business stakeholders, clearly articulating and communicating Analytics & AI concepts, solutions and value to non-technical audiences.
- Contributing to the growth and development of the Analytics & AI capability and community in the Dock, outside immediate projects.
- Contributing to steering and shaping the development of the Innovation pipeline in Analytics & AI at the Dock, both in terms of new technologies, new approaches and methods and in terms of business applications.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Computational Lingustics, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science or a closely related discipline.
- Deep experience in a number of text and language processing domains including Natural Language Processing (NLP), Information Extraction, Information Retrieval and Concept Extraction.
- Experience in Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Semantic Web or Ontology Engineering welcomed.
- 5+ years experience in designing and implementing text analytics systems for R&D or commercial applications.
- 5+ years of project or product development methodology experience, for example agile development.
- Proficiency in several NLP and machine learning related tools & frameworks – OpenNLP, CoreNLP, Weka, NLTK, UIMA.
- Hands-on experience with distributional semantics methods and toolkits – word2vec, Hyperwords, Genism, dissect, Mallet or SemanticVectors.
- Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
About Accenture & The Dock
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Engineering Team Consultant
USA GA - Atlanta
AD9 Workday Data Certified Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Salesforce Senior Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.