Job Location: Cork
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00620666 00620666_en
Senior Embedded Engineer
A self-starter with the ability to provide support to our existing and new customers, we are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to be based in in our Cork office.
The role will be to work with a team of engineers in disparate locations, in the ongoing delivery of embedded software projects.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong with the ability to lead other engineers, with over 5 years’ experience in software development on embedded platforms.
Strong experience of Continuous Integration – comfortable with development tools, build systems & software debuggers. Experience of agile practices and tools such as Jira & Confluence, and experience of automation tools such as Jenkins. Skilled at software configuration management and experienced with working in a Linux environment.
Ability to script with a high proficiency in Python and to code in C/C++. Good communication skills, with the ability to handle queries from our clients and help resolve issues they may have with software within our scope of responsibility. Experience of Digital Video CPE platforms with the ability to work with SOC vendors and OEMs to resolve issues with platform integrations would also be an advantage. Availability for short term international travel also required as needed.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
• An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in computer science, electronic engineering or related discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years software development experience with a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development methodologies.
• Strong Software development skills in C, C++ and Python programming languages
• Embedded Operating Systems, experience working with Linux and compilers etc.
• Embedded software development for device drivers, protocol stacks or integrated applications.
• Embedded Debugging, Real Time, System Specification, and Test planning and realisation
• Familiarity with SCM tools and concepts
• Strong oral, analytical, time management and written communication skills
• A passion to learn and to work with new technologies
• Experience in working with disparate teams of software engineers in remote locations
• Experience working in a continuous integration and agile environments
• Digital TV, Broadband and Audio/Video technologies.
• Familiar with Jira, Confluence, Jenkins and similar tools and concepts
• Strong understanding of software concepts and issue identification with a view to prioritising and resolving such issues
• Ability to develop and maintain processes that support and automate finding and resolving software issues.
• Strong time management skills
• Support for preparation of proposals
• Experience in estimating work
• Supporting technical business development activities
• Responding to RFIs/RFPs
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.