Working as part of a wider globalised IT support structure, the Workstation TS:Local Team Lead will be primarily responsible for:
- supervising the Workstation team, who in turn are responsible for the in-person resolution of second line IT incidents and problems for the PC workstation fleet
- the day to day operational management of the PC Enablement and Asset Management functions.
Operational Local Support
- Responsible for managing the Workstations team,
- Ensure local support team effectively prioritise, coordinate, own and resolve logged incidents via call logging toolsets within agreed SLAs.
- Key escalation point for the Ireland Workstations TS:L team to provide guidance and support in driving resolutions for IT problems.
- Production, analysis & presenting of reports on a monthly basis, to identify problems or service improvements.
- Co-ordination of IT support for events such as new joiner inductions, VIP meetings and VC events when required.
- Ensure good knowledge of all PC hardware models in the environment, including specifications and internal customer PC model eligibility criteria.
- Awareness of support requirements for internal bespoke support environments, supporting these environments where requested.
- Building relationships and acting as a point of contact with external suppliers used to deliver components of our service, such as data recovery and IT consumable provision.
Operational Management of PC Enablement Function
- Ensure all Ireland new joiner events have the agreed IT equipment and services provisioned.
- Ensure PCs and associated peripherals are purchased to meet the demands of PC upgrade and New Joiner activities.
- Ensure all relevant KPI’s are reached and maintained.
- Effectively manage external service providers used to deliver services and their contractual obligations.
- Act as an SME to provide agreed PC Enablement services for venture and acquisition projects. Ensure the right services are positioned and delivered within appropriate timeframes and framework.
Operational Asset Management Function
- Ensure PC asset disposal and resale activities are delivered effectively using third party provider.
- Ensure the correct PC Asset Management service is obtained via off shore team, build an effective working relationship with appropriate reporting and control.
- Ensure overall accuracy of the Ireland Asset Management database to meet asset management KPIs for our PC estate.
- Ensure local internal Tech Support teams understand and comply with asset management duties.
- Manage regular PC and consumable stock check with the team, and arrange to replenish where required.
- Responsibility in maintaining PC storage process that conforms to security policy, assisting with annual external audits linked to ISO accreditations.
- Key owner of operational day to day IT Problem Escalations, successfully driving resolution and root cause analysis.
- Build good trust based relationships with key customers & customer groups when providing support needs. Ensure that two-way feedback is maintained relating to our services, products and current customer priorities, challenges and requirements.
- Ensure that a strong customer service ethos is provided as part of support provision requirements.
People Development and Relationship Management
- Career counselor and line management of 8 x Workstations Senior Analysts (level 10) FTEs.
- Ensure effective team collaboration across our support teams both locally and globally through meetings, use of collaboration tools and shared repositories for sharing best practices and successful service delivery.
- Ensure the Workstations team has an active and relevant training development plan and that required training is conducted throughout the year.
- Effectively coach and develop direct reports within the team
- Ensure adherence to the Accenture performance management process.
Proactive Support and Value Add
- Be a key contributor and change agent towards continued process excellence initiatives within the team.
- Regularly reviewing a sample of closed incidents and using findings to enhance service provision.
- Proactive identification of workstation issues that are seen in the environment, successfully communicating these to the required audience, helping to drive resolution and raise awareness.
- Maintain understanding of and champion IT Services, functions and costs relating to the workstation environment. Be able to apply this information at point of customer interaction
- Proactively take part in new product and service pilots both globally and locally, provide effective feedback, disseminate information within the team.
- Document processes and make suggestions, where appropriate, to improve them, ensuring they are relevant and up to date for the tasks associated to the role.
- Keep abreast of and update the team on new technologies and innovations in the PC environment, internally and externally to the business.
- Be cost aware, ensuring focus is maintained in providing the right costed solutions for our customers.
- Proactively suggest ways to ensure services remain cost efficient
- Be aware of our cost recovery mode and ensure its correct use when delivering services