Role : Data Engineer – Big Data
You must be eligible to work in Ireland to apply for this role.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Designing and implementing modern, scalable data pipelines for our clients leveraging Hadoop, NoSQL, Apache open source and emerging technologies, covering on-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns
- Providing advisory services and thought leadership on the selection and deployment of commercial and open source tools to process streaming, micro-batch and low latency workloads
- Designing and implementing data access patterns and data pipelines on Hadoop and NoSQL platforms leveraging agile, DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery approaches
- Provide innovative design and deployment approaches that leverage the best of innovations in in-memory processing, agile delivery, automated testing, containerisation etc. to enhance the speed and flexibility of testing analytics hypotheses and apply machine learning at scale
- Working closely with technology partners, Accenture Technology Labs and Innovation centres to incubate emerging technologies and build prototypes/demos to enhance our data engineering codebases and frameworks
- Supporting hackathons which allow us to work with publicly available data and open source tools to create new data engineering patterns and codebases
- Mentoring the next wave of data engineers and providing your skills and experience to enable clients to modernise their existing data pipelines