Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00508565 00508565_en
Job Title: The Dock – Senior Data Scientist
The Dock Dublin 2
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) Team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
What you’ll be doing
The Analytics & AI team within the Dock applies leading Analytics & Artifical Intelligence (AI) technologies and techniques to address significant real-world business and societal challenges. Collaborating with our clients, designers, software enegineers and business subject matter experts, we take concepts and applications on the journey from idea to reality. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will;
· Work in teams delivering innovative Analytics & AI projects; ranging from research, proofs-of-concept to the delivery of real-world applications for our clients
· Be a deep hands-on expert practitioner, developing and experimenting in the application of Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
· Follow best practice in Analytics & AI technical delivery, methods and approaches.
· Participate in experimentation, design, workshops & sprints to identify breakthrough ideas, concepts and solutions to business problems.
· Embrace working in multi-discplinary teams and collaborate with designers, software developers, business experts and Accenture teams external to the Dock.
· Lead and mentor junior team members in projects and in their technical and professional development.
· Understand the key technology trends in the Analytics & AI domain, the business implications, and be able to match the future opportunities of those to the current and emerging challenges of our clients
· Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
· Applying your deep technical expertise to solve problems and develop new solution offerings for our business and our clients.
· Bringing deep experience in developing Advanced Analytics solutions, using standard frameworks, toolkits and libraries, speficially in the Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Visions fields.
· Demonstrating good understanding of the potential utility, limitations and challenges of a wide range of Advanced Analytics techniques and keeping abreast of new developments in academic research and industry.
· Being responsible for shaping, owning and delivering complex Advanced Analytics applications and experiments and being responsible for their business value and measures of success.
· Leading teams and nurturing new skills and capabilities in these teams
· Interacting, collaborating and sharing experiences with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds.
· Presenting to and interact with with client and business stakeholders, clearly articulating and communicating Analytics & AI concepts, solutions and value to non-technical audiences.
· Contributing to the growth and development of the Analytics & AI capability and community in the Dock, outside immediate projects.
· Contibuting to steering and shaping the development of the Innovation pipeline in Analytics & AI both in terms of new technologies, new approaches and methods and in terms of business applications.
About Accenture & The Dock
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.