Job Location: IL - Chicago
Regional Description: Midwest
Job Number: 00501521 00501521_en
Organization: Digital Growth Platform - Analytics Delivery
Travel: 80% (Monday - Friday)
Position: Analytics Delivery – Big Data Manager
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices –Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Analytics practice, you’ll deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You’ll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues.
Do you have a pulse on new technologies and a desire to change the way business gets done? Do you want to implement emerging solutions for some of the most successful companies around? If you answered yes to these questions and you are passionate about helping clients effectively manage enormous amounts of data to generate knowledge and value, then we want to meet you.
YOUR ROLE: Analytics Delivery – Big Data Manager
There will never be a typical day at Accenture Analytics, but that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing digital landscape. Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities.
• Assess and define tactical and strategic opportunities to enable our clients to achieve new business capabilities through the use of Big Data and traditional tools and technologies.
• Deliver large-scale programs that integrate processes with technology to help clients achieve high performance.
• Design, implement and deploy Big Data solutions and applications that can perform at scale on one or more of the following components data streaming, ingestion, munging, machine learning, publication and analytics.
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
• Minimum 2 years of recent experience Building Java apps
• Minimum 2 years of building and coding applications using Hadoop components - HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume
• Minimum 2 years of recent, hands on, Data Flow Programming, including - MapReduce coding using tools such as Java, Python, Pig, Hadoop Streaming, and HiveQL
• Minimum 3 years implementing relational and dimensional data models
• Minimum 3 years understanding of traditional and Big Data ETL/data movement tools & RDBMS such as Ab Initio, DataStage, Informatica, Trifecta, and Kafka
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of IT/Programming experience
• 6+ months experience leading technical teams
• Minimum 2 yrs. experience leading and delivering an operational Big Data solution using one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop, HortonWorks, Cloudera, Cassandra, GreenPlum, Vertica, Aster
• Minimum 2 years of experience throughout the SDLC of a Hadoop implementation....technologies including HortonWorks, Cloudera, Hive, Pig, MapReduce
• Minimum 2 years of experience throughout the SDLC of a HortonWorks, Cloudera, Cassandra / Hbase implementation
• Minimum 5 years of leading implementations of custom applications using Java, RDBMS
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Big Data Infrastructure (Cloud or Data Center such as Amazon AWS and Google Cloud)
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Qualifications
3+ year of experience Developing REST web services
Full life cycle Development
Industry experience (financial services, resources, healthcare, government, products, communications, high tech)
Data Science and Analytics (machine learning, analytical models, MAHOUT, etc.)
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
• Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
• You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Our Mobility practice serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
• Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
• Access to leading-edge technology.
• Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan. Learn more about our extensive rewards and Benefits
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here—what’s stopping you from pursuing it?
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.