JAKARTA, 15 August 2016 – Accenture Consumer Innovation Awards application submission is coming to close. These awards are designed to recognize early stage start-up businesses that play a major role in changing and improving the way people shop and engage with consumer goods brands, travel and retail companies. Selected finalists will present to an exclusive panel of judges which are comprised of senior executives from globally recognized brands, established thought-leaders and financial investors in the industry. As of August 11, the committee has received140 applications, 55 of these are from the APAC region - from 35 different markets. Approximately 8 applications are from Indonesia.
On the first round that was inaugurated on February 2016, Snapcart, the finalist from Indonesia, has won the “Give ME Omni-Personalisation” category. Indonesia-based Snapcart is building the largest purchased-based big data network in Asia by capturing receipts information from shoppers by rewarding them with cashbacks to take photos of their receipts. Working with more than 50 brands, Snapcart provides real-time analytics solutions and marketing engagement tools to give brands an in-depth understanding of, and personalized engagement directly with, their valued shoppers’ segments.
As title sponsor of the Millennial 20/20 APAC summit taking place in Singapore on September 7 and 8, 2016, Accenture is inviting start-ups, creators of marketing tools, e-commerce platforms and technology providers to apply for the four awards. Applicants can enter at https://www.f6s.com/accentureconsumerinnovationawardsapac until August 20, 2016.
Teo Correia, senior managing director of Accenture’s Consumer Goods and Services practice, said: “Following the outstanding success of the inaugural Accenture Consumer Innovation Awards in April in London, I look forward to finding another group of ground breaking entrepreneurs. Technology innovation is key to driving transformation within the consumer goods, travel and retail sectors. The winners in each category gain direct access to experts in their target customer sector, while the sectors gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies as they evolve.”
The Accenture Consumer Innovation Awards are designed to celebrate and showcase those start-ups and smaller organisations that are making huge waves within the consumer goods, travel and retail sectors. The winners of the four categories will be announced at the Millennial 20/20 APAC summit in Singapore. In addition to receiving their award, winners will be given access to a team of industry experts at Accenture to obtain advice and consultation on how to improve select areas of their business and gain access to clients.
Managing Director Product Lead Accenture Indonesia, Prihadiyanto, said: “At Accenture, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving transformation within the consumer goods, travel and retail sectors. Early-stage companies are hugely important to the industry as we look towards the next generation of digital commerce. We believe that it is important to bring together these innovation organisations with big business so that we can all work together to address the growing and changing needs of the consumer.”
The four categories in the Accenture Consumer Innovation awards are:
“Get ME in the store, spending more”
- The Challenge: Consumers today have a huge number of choices, while their tastes and interests are more diverse than ever. Targeting and attracting them towards a brand, and getting them to sustain and grow spend is tough.
- Examples: Solutions that directly increase sales growth, retail footfall and brand recognition, both online and offline.
“Give ME what I want, when and where I want it”
- The Challenge: Consumers increasingly want customized solutions and personalized experiences, as well as having flexibility and choice to match their lifestyle, whether in product design and availability, to delivery and returns. How can retailers and brands best design their offerings around the ever changing needs of customers?
- Examples: Solutions that help understand consumer’s behaviour and demands to improve product design, distribution, stock management and logistics to better match their needs
“Make ME love my brands, digitally and physically”
- The Challenge: Brands need to grab the opportunity to use digital technologies to get closer to their end consumers, have more control over their experiences, and to learn more about their interests – while opening up the way for expansion into new products and services.
- Examples: Solutions that increase the connection between brands and consumers digitally, to build deeper relationships directly and enable brands to improve experience and build platforms for additional services
“Host ME, Serve ME, and Take ME…”
- The Challenge: How can you fill the soaring demand for unique experiences in food, travel and lifestyle at a time when the delivery of these services are being disrupted and redefined by the sharing economy.
- Examples: Solutions that improve travel, food and hospitality experiences, reduce costs, increase choice, and improve service levels
Reynazran Royono, Founder and CEO of Snapcart said that “Snapcart has been very selective when it comes to participating in a start-up competition. If your start-up operates within the consumer goods and retail sectors, want to be tested and find out whether you are truly bringing value adds to the prestigious panel of judges from leading businesses within the sector, I highly recommend to join ACIA. It is an amazing accomplishment to be recognized by these industry leaders.”
Start-ups and emerging companies that are any one of the following are invited to apply: less than three years old, angel or venture funded or are pre-revenue or in beta product phase. There are no geographic restrictions on entries.
# # #
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 375,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is title sponsor of the Millennial 20/20 APAC summit, where the winners of the Accenture Consumer Innovation Awards will be announced. The summit aims to explore the future of business from the perspective of a digitally-savvy consumer with a micro focus on 10 key pillars: Retail, Marketing, Advertising, Mobile, Payments, Video, Social, E-Commerce, CRM and Big Data.
Held on September 7 and 8 at the ArtScience Museum in Singapore, the summit will see the gathering of over 3,000 start-ups, brands, retailers and corporates. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from 150 world-class speakers, visit 40 experiential exhibitors, attend four live immersive showcases and a series of networking opportunities.
Snapcart is Asia’s first real-time shopper engagement app where it allows brands to connect with its consumers directly. Since its launch in September 2015, the app has been downloaded for over 600,000 times with very minimum marketing push. In attracting its loyal users, Snapcart offers cashbacks for users to upload their shopping receipts.
Receipts’ data that Snapcart gets are compiled onto the company’s cloud-based data platform, which then used to provide clients with reports on real-time offline consumer spending and shopping habits--an inherently difficult information to source. To date, Snapcart has partnered up with over 75 brands of fast-moving consumer goods. For more information, visit www.snapcart.asia
For further details, please contact:
Wisma 46 - Kota BNI – 18th Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav.1, Jakarta 10220
Tel : +6221 574 6575
Menara Jamsostek, Gedung Utara, 12th Floor,
Jl. Jend. Gatot Subroto No. 38 - Jakarta 12710
Tel: +62 21 5296 3880