Your client’s eyes probably glaze over when you discuss in detail logistic regression, cluster analysis, neural nets and other segmentation models, but they certainly appreciate your uncanny ability to utilize those to lower their marketing costs and improve marketing effectiveness. Or perhaps they rely on you to provide analytics that stimulate sales, strengthen customer loyalty and generate purchases. If you’ve earned a reputation for your analytics expertise, Accenture may be the perfect place to take the next step in your career journey.
As a Data Science professional, the individual will help drive sales and solutioning of data science/analytics engagements, manage and/or supervise project delivery, mentor teams, build new capabilities, support/contribute to thought leadership and building new skills. The candidate should be able to seamlessly work with Client teams in positioning data science/analytical capabilities and with help of them drive an deliver data science/analytics engagement.
The successful candidate should have strong consultative, business and communication skills in addition to quantitative ability. As well as be exposed to the challenges of using statistics in a business setting, such as incomplete data, biased data, large data sets, low signal-to-noise ratios, high variance and multiple objective functions. Requires being creative and resourceful and will utilize traditional statistical methodologies as well as newer techniques from computational statistics and data mining and big data capabilities.
- Degree in a relevant field like statistics, computer science or applied maths, physics or relevant subjects or 3+ years of experience in computer science, applied mathematics, or other quantitative/computational discipline.
- Strong background in statistical concepts and calculations
- 3+ years of experience with real data
- Innovative and strong analytical and algorithmic problem solvers
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash) for orchestration and data manipulation
- 3+ years of experience with statistical computing tools like R, SAS, and SPSS
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and experience manipulating structured and unstructured data sources for analysis.
- Experience in one or more statistical software packages such as R, SAS, SPSS, etc
- Experience in one or more programming languages such as Python, R, etc
- Experience in one or more machine learning solutions such as TensorFlow, IBM Watson, etc
- Experience in one or more tools for visualization such as Tableau, Qlik, D3, etc
- Good understanding of statistical modelling and machine learning
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques such as Neural Networks, Random Forest, etc
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years in relevant experience
- Have a minimum of Bachelor degree
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.