Service Design Lead
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexibleteam players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Fjord is structured around innovation and pushing the boundaries of service and interface design. As Service Design Lead (SDL) at Fjord, you will be the cornerstone of the agency and directly responsible for the creative quality and innovation of the projects you are overseeing, as well as client and team satisfaction.
1. Project delivery:
- Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Oversee the planning, scheduling and tracking of project timelines and milestones by the Project Manager, ensuring on time and on budget delivery of work.
- Be responsible for the quality of all deliverables across a variety of projects.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch points of the service. Pull together all aspects of service design offered by Fjord.
- Create “focused innovation” that balances the client’s business needs whilst meeting their goal of differentiation.
- Inspire innovative approaches to design techniques, enabling the design team to embrace different angles to a design problem.
- Embrace and harness new technologies.
2. Client facing:
3. Team Management
Communicate and define project roles, responsibilities and expectations to each team member at the start and for the duration of each project.
Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for the design team.
Manage and maintain team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support.
Manage different teams in parallel and engage with freelancers and staff from other Fjord offices enlisted to support the project team when required.
Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.