Senior Visual Designer
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Senior Visual Design @ Fjord
At Fjord, Visual designers work collaboratively as a key part of our UX team to identify specific user/client needs and engage in ideating/evaluating initial concepts. Designers are expected to consider the project from a high level and how it fits in to an overall service, but also consider the fine details of User Interface components, labels, and flows to help users achieve their goals. The role of a visual designer is to approach project challenges with a focus on interpreting/developing the client’s brand whilst also communicating our clients’ message in an engaging and creative way. Designers must be able to apply and communicate solid rationale as part of their creative process and at all times execute to the highest standards.
The Senior Visual Designer is responsible for the conceptual development, direction and delivery of visual design. They possess excellent visual design skills with a strong sense of graphic, web and screen design, and a high level of understanding of visual solutions for smaller portable screens. They contribute to and own the visual design aspect of projects and pitches and have an appreciation of interaction design. The Senior Visual Designer can communicate effectively, clearly articulate ideas and possess a commercial understanding and awareness.
We expect the successful Senior Visual Design Candidates to have 5-7 years experience of delivering interface design solutions for various clients. The candidate must thrive working in a collaborative team environment.
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases
- Develop the digital brand and identity strategy for our customers
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create instant tangibility for the Fjord team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Develop the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations
- Produce animation/motion solutions and demos created in Flash, 3D or similar software
- Give data meaning through information visualisation
- Create light weighed style guides and brand guidelines to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
- Work directly with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behaviour and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members, including designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing and others
- Participate in and contribute to Post Project Reviews.
- Play an active role in client meetings.
- Vocalise opinions and ideas to clients and the project team.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- When necessary, manage work streams directly with clients.
- Proactively identify business opportunities.