Are you ready to be a part of the digital reinvention of industry and revolutionize your career?
There is never a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why we love it here! This is an extraordinary opportunity to build a rewarding career at Strategy & Consulting. Working in highly collaborative teams for world-leading clients, we’ll nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Whatever your work and life goals, we’ll help you achieve them. Sooner.
Join Strategy & Consulting and you´ll be at the forefront helping clients re-imagine how they serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. As a digital disrupter, you’ll recreate and redefine business to generate lasting competitive advantage for some of the world’s most respected companies. Become an integral part of a forward-looking digital community with the credibility, expertise, and insight that clients depend on.
WORK YOU’LL DO
Big Data specialists in Accenture Applied Intelligence are responsible for ingesting and transforming data in all forms, varying from totally unstructured log entries to database table snapshots, to bring them in a format that the Data Scientists can use to produce actionable insights. Being an important link in Accenture’s global network chain, they are tasked with the critical task of ensuring that necessary data information is readily available to the other teams to create high value insights and solutions.
The Big Data specialist/strategist will be part of Accenture Applied Intelligence as an engineer who will be working on Big Data platforms. He/she will be collaborating with other data engineers and data scientists in teams of global reach, to develop advanced data management / analytics solutions, that can scale horizontally as required. He/she will be part of Accenture’s Advanced Analytics Innovation Center located in Athens, Greece and will be working on exciting projects from clients across the globe.
WHO WE´RE LOOKING FOR?
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields is strongly recommended
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
- 2+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience on the following areas:
- the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Hive etc.) including NoSQL technologies (Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB etc.) and streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Storm etc.)
- in Data Management/Strategy and Data Architecture
- Experience with the Python programming language and PySpark API
- Experience with software engineering practices (source code management, unit/functional/integration/performance testing)
- Experience with developing and deploying large scale software in production
- Experience in participating (or leading for more senior roles) in a big data architecture assessment and planning activities
- Experience in developing the data architecture roadmap, plan and activities
- designing and building the Big Data solution using any of the cloud native technologies – Azure, GCP, AWS (would be considered a plus)
- Experience with Linux OS, any distribution, RHEL/Centos preferred (would be considered a plus)
- Experience with Java or Scala (would be considered a plus)
- Experience with Databricks (would be considered a plus)
- Experience with search engines, such as ElasticSearch, Solr etc. (would be considered a plus)
- Experience of Agile and DevOps. (would be considered a plus)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel and gain exposure in global multinational companies
WHAT´S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced parental leave policy.
- At Accenture, we believe in bringing the best to our clients through continuous learning & improvement – from basic skills to industry-specific content – available to all our people.
- Career coaching and mentorship to help you manage your career and develop professionally.
- Performance Achievement – our performance management process that focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career across a variety of clients.
To learn more about Accenture, and how you will be challenged and inspired from Day 1, please visit our website accenture.com/gr-en/.
The safety and well-being of our candidates and employees remain our priority. Please note that the recruitment process for opportunities in Accenture Greece will be conducted only via online format during the current period.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.