JOB TITLE: UKI Payroll Systems Specialist
SALARY: Up to £43,000 depending on experience
LOCATION: London, CPH
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
To work as part of the UKI Payroll team to ensure that all employees across the UK and Ireland are paid accurately and on time.
This is a new role that has been created to manage and support the Payroll system. You do not need to have any Payroll experience, as specific training will be provided, but you should have experience of managing and testing technical systems.
- Develop deep knowledge of the Payroll system, providing guidance and support to the Payroll team on any systems issues and queries.
- Take responsibility for Payroll System upgrades from both the Payroll Supplier and internal Accenture teams. Manage any testing requirements to ensure any changes are feasible before being rolled out.
- Work closely with the payroll software provider to ensure all outstanding technical issues are managed and completed in a timely manner.
- Opportunity to work with the business on V&A/TUPE deals (transferring of staff to Accenture) ensuring any changes to the system are made to support the onboarding process.
- Meet regularly with internal Accenture Technical teams to ensure all systems related requirements are understood and compliant to both Accenture and statutory policies.
- Provide support to any system audits and reviews as required
- Take responsibility for certain projects and manage them through to completion – liaising with a number of different teams across the business both at local and global level.
- Manage the Payroll Reporting process, ensuring all set reports are delivered on time, and developing bespoke reports where required.
- Have line management responsibility for approximately four of the CL11s within the Payroll Team
- Assist all team members on correct systems procedures and help with any problems they may have, especially when they have more complex queries.
- Identify Payroll systems related training requirements for the Payroll Team.
- Continually look for ways to develop and innovate the technical systems and processes that are in place.
- Ensure there is documentation drawn up for all the processes related to the area of responsibility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Payroll knowledge is not required as on the job training will be provided
- Experience of managing technical systems
- Knowledge of information security and governance
- Project management and continuous improvement experience and capability
- Experience of managing a small team is desirable but not essential
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/04/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.