Role: Health & Public Service, Business Architecture Consultant
Location: London, Manchester, Newcastle
Mobility: Up to 100%
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
The H&PS Strategy & Consulting team are working at the centre of high-profile transformations within the UK Public Service as well as multiple heathcare providers. Within the practice, you will work on innovative projects with colleagues and clients to drive excellence from strategy through to implementation, making changes that directly impact citizens. You will be working with clients to convert their business strategy into reality through the understanding of capabilities, the development of target operating models, delivery of discovery projects and design of new business processes. Do you want to work in an environment that is innovative, collaborative and challenging, doing work that really matters?
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to deliver solutions to real world problems, partnering with clients to achieve positive outcomes through collaboration.
- How to maximise the use of data in everything you do, and allow this data to drive solutions and approaches
- How to put user needs and experience at the heart of everything
- To focus on driving value for the client, and to anchor client conversations and engagement in value
As a H&PS Business Architect Consultant, you will:
- Work on projects across a range of Health & Public Service clients, including central government departments, public safety clients, and various healthcare clients, both in the public and private sector.
- Bring to life client ideas and ambitions by developing, articulating and prioritising scope across complex transformation programmes to support business outcomes.
- Identify and address client business issues (root cause analysis) by applying pragmatic, results-driven problem-solving techniques and creative insights.
- Use a human-centred approach to solving problems, frame opportunities, and achieve innovation through collaboration and co-creation.
- Build trust-based relationships with your clients to advise and influence
- Support implementation of best practices for scope management (e.g. design authority)
- Collect, synthesise, and analyse a variety of data types to draw insights that inform evidence-based decision making and drive action.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
The most important thing for us is that you display the right attitude. We would like you to actively contribute to our community and clients as a practitioner, think logically to tackle problems and engage others. We want you to be driven to develop yourself and others, have an ability to see and articulate the bigger picture of how individual projects and deliverables create value for citizens and be willing to learn on the ground – whether it be the latest technology trends or public policy relevant to the client. This role will require creative thinking, curiosity, excellent client communication skills and the ability to identify new innovative ways to apply our skills and services to solve a wider set of client problems.
As well as the above, you should have experience/expertise in one or more the following areas:
- The delivery of discovery projects; understanding the current state of business processes and working with clients to apply new business strategy or policy to re-imagine processes and overall business design.
- Development of new business processes and detailed business requirements for changes to processes, systems or operations.
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders, including clients customers, to define and prioritise transformation requirements and establish programme and portfolio governance.
- The execution of user research to inform requirements for business process change.
- Solving complex problems, and implementing remediation plans with differentiated solutions.
- Workshop facilitation and experience of navigating complex, competing agendas
- Use of Agile techniques and frameworks with the ability to lead agile teams to seek opportunities, drive value for customers and improve business performance
- Experience of operating at all stages of a project/programme lifecycle, from proposal through to full programme delivery and experience managing risks and working with senior client partners and internal leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the capability to communicate with and influence senior stakeholders
- Experience of creating, managing, or proving business cases to support the rationale for change and realisation of client benefits
- Experience of working with Health & Public Service clients
- Eligibility for SC clearance is preferred but not essenta
Set yourself apart:
- Experience in the mobilisation and operation of business or enterprise design authorities in major transformation programmes.
- Experience in owning and managing relationships with leadership (either with your clients or internal stakeholders)
- Certified Business Analysis, Agile methodologies, programme or project management techniques (e.g. Prince 2, Managing Successful Programmes), and/or a Design Thinking practitioner
- Experience of using data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Qlik, etc)
- Certification in a current technology (e.g. a Cloud platform, a CRM platform)
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/09/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.