Senior Design Researcher
Location: London, Edinburgh
Career Level: Senior Researcher, Associate Manager
At Fjord, the human is always at the center of everything we do. The Design Research practice at Fjord ensures that everything we deliver is grounded in a deep understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world we live. Keeping the human at the center of our design ensures that impact. Be part of a team that is curious, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world through a powerful empathetic lens of the people we serve.
As a team, we:
- Develop ways to conduct effective primary research through qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Represent Design Research on our teams and in our studios.
- Define the insights and frameworks that keep the human at the center of our design solutions.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
As a Design Researcher, you will:
- Master design research as a discipline and a practice.
- Understand which methodologies are best to answer different client needs and questions.
- Ensure the qualitative work is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
- Ensure the quantitative work is empirical by nature and obtains statistical rigor when understanding people’s behaviors and attitudes.
- Lead design research activities including research planning, fieldwork execution, analysis, synthesis, research story, and deliverables.
- Define design research plans based on relevant research and business objectives.
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- Collaborate with other strategists and data scientists on mixed methods work to bring integrated value to our clients.
- Relevant experience in conducting different aspects of qualitative and quantitative design research such as planning, executing, analysis, synthesis, deliverable creation; experience of design research leadership and / or managerial experience
- Proven history of delivering results on time and within budget.
- Master all aspects of research: recruiting processes; scheduling and logistics; protocol development; analysis and framework development; video compilations; research deliverables.
- Qualitative research experience may include interviewing, moderating, ethnographic research, shadowing, contextual interviews, UX/UI research, field studies.
- Quantitative research experience may include survey research, synthesizing/analyzing large-scale data, natural language processing corpora or other large text, or experimental design.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with online research and synthesis tools
- Ability to communicate with clients and partners about research methodologies, analyses, and findings
- Comfort with ambiguity yet unstoppable drive to create order out of chaos
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of service design and digital product design (DPC)
- Proven collaborative and teamwork skills
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.