Job Role: Job and Skills Architecture Consultant
Location: London, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Career Level: Management Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
UK&I HR Transformation Consulting Services is a cross-industry capability, which is focused on developing and delivering market leading, innovative HR solutions to our clients. This practice is part of our UKI Talent and Organisation/Human Potential practice which leads on combining our HR Transformation and HR Technology consulting with programme leadership capabilities, change management, and leadership expertise, helping our clients to shape and deliver world-class colleague experience, HR services underpinned by digital enablement to unlock their human potential.
Accenture’s HR Transformation capability is a recognised market leader in HR Consulting. We have worked with our clients to create leading edge HR organizations, processes and practices that deliver measurable improvements in the performance of people and the organization. Our HR professionals provide knowledge and experience that help today's companies blueprint their HR strategy, operating model and support the planning, design, and deployment activities required to achieve broad HR transformational changes across the enterprise. Accenture provides strong methods, tools, and accelerators founded in best in class thought leadership to help our client’s structure, launch, and implement these large-scale transformation programs which drives productivity, effectiveness and improves workforce performance.
We are growing our newly formed practice with ambitions to scale at pace and are looking for enthusiastic professionals to expand our HR capabilities and share our passion for innovative HR. As a group of practitioners, we work very closely with the world’s largest organisations which gives us a strong understanding of the challenges they face and how our strong ties in the wider Accenture community can support them.
This role is part of our HR Strategy and Consulting team to be able to insert knowledge around the various aspects of job, compensation and/or skills architecture. You will collaborate with clients and colleagues to shape and insert knowledge for an approach and factors that will be impacted when constructing a job architecture. This can be a combination of job, compensation, or skills architecture, and how these architectures interact, and the strategy aligned between the various elements. An important aspect of the role is to help our clients assess and quantify the aspects to consider within HR architecture and be able to express a point of view around what factors construct a job, compensation and/or skills architecture.
In our team you will learn:
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of HR experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our team, you'll be working with cutting-edge HR technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In this role you will:
- Support the design, construction and approach of job, compensation and/or skills including adopting new trends and best of breed technologies, HR Business case, link job, compensation and/or skills to digital and technology roadmap, and process mapping to deliver business outcomes.
- Challenge our clients to think differently in how HR construct and support the overarching job, compensation and/or skills architecture
- Help drive value creation for our clients using HR knowledge and practice around job, compensation and/or skills architecture, advising clients on important aspects to consider in construction of architecture, advise on long-term KPI to realise value and having the ability to act as the conduit between technology teams and wider business functions.
- Collaborate across Accenture, both multi-discipline consulting capabilities and business lines such as Technology, Digital and Operations.
- Help the development of new opportunities and shape new projects, including proposals and client relationships
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- An expertise in one or more of the following areas: Job architecture, compensation architecture, skills architecture, or Core HR implementation experience (including HR master data setup/design, and/or wider architecture design of Core HR master data).
- Understanding of latest HR trends including trends for job, compensation and/or skills interaction, how the role of HR is changing, and the importance of analytics and why data is increasingly important for CHR.
- Experience of solving business problems that take advantage of the latest technology solutions to enable a digitally driven business model such as HR cloud solutions, best of breeds technologies, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Analytics, or Portal & Social Collaboration.
- Prior experience of building client relationships and being a trusted advisor to HR function with clear ability to influence others.
- Demonstrate continuously learning, and bring innovative, new thinking to the workplace.
- Prior consulting experience or demonstrated ability to work in a consulting environment.
Set yourself apart:
As a Consultant, we expect that you:
- Are forward thinking with a strong business acumen
- Prioritise continuous development and self-guided learning, personally and your team.
- Have the drive to continuously share your knowledge with others.
- Are open to autonomously operate in a global network & fast pace growth model and comfortable to set your own personal growth plan.
- Are enthusiastic to extend and navigate networks in and outside of Accenture.
- Are comfortable travelling and working away from home once COVID restrictions are improved (Monday to Friday as required)
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.