Job title: Data Science Senior Manager (Responsible / Ethical AI)
Location: London, Munich, Dusseldorf or Frankfurt
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Level: Management Consultant - Senior Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Excited by the fast-moving field of Responsible / Ethical AI and using data to develop scientific and analytical solutions to solve business problems? Our Data Scientists work with leading organisations to transform data into valuable, actionable insights using advanced machine learning methods.
We’re looking for a problem solver who enjoys exploring data, is excited by difficult modelling challenges, possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface with client teams and can motivate and inspire teams of data scientists.
As a team, Applied Intelligence do the following:
The Data and AI revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Accenture Applied Intelligence is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate with the ecosystem, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture’s Applied Intelligence practice covers the range of Data and AI skills, from Strategy, Data Science, Data Architecture, AI Engineering and Visual Insights. When combined with Accenture’s broader Strategy and Consulting practice, we are able to bring together the unique ability to drive end to end business change through the application of Data and AI.
In our team, you will learn:
At the forefront of the industry, you’ll create, own and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. We are not just focused on increasing revenues – our technologies and innovations are making millions of lives easier and more comfortable. Join us and become an integral part of our Applied Intelligence team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on. There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why people love it here. You will be working with famous brands and household names – no worrying about how to explain what you do to your family again!
In this role, you will:
- Shape and lead our global technical team for Responsible / Ethical AI
- Build tools and assets
- Support client sales conversations and proposals
- Deliver client projects relating to Responsible AI
- Provide quality assurance and subject matter expert input into leadership decisions
- Recruit and lead a team dedicated to Responsible AI
- Develop thought leadership and points of view for external publication on Responsible AI
- Support, develop and deliver Responsible AI technical training
- Evaluate third party Responsible AI tools
- Communicate and provide guidance to senior Accenture leadership and client teams
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Ability to lead large projects and drive through to completion
- Relevant work experience using data science, machine learning, and business analytics to solve business problems
- Practical experience in coding languages and analytical techniques.
- Expertise in either programming, statistics and probability theory, regression, clustering methods, deep learning, neural networks, natural language processing, text mining, computer visioning, image recognition, time series forecasting, machine learning, visualisation tools or tree ensembles
- Strong proficiency in database technologies for example SQL, ETL, No-SQL, DW, or Big Data technologies (pySpark, Hive etc)
- Experienced working with structured and also unstructured data, for example text, PDFs, jpgs, call recordings, video, etc..
- Knowledge of machine learning modelling techniques and how to fine-tune those models, for example. XGBoost, Deep Neural Networks, Transformers, ResNets, VAEs, GANs, Markov chains, etc.;
- Experience using specialized machine learning libraries, for example. Fastai, Keras, Tensorflow, pytorch, sci-kit learn, huggingface, etc…
- Demonstrate experience in reading, understanding and implementing new techniques in the field of machine learning as they emerge
- Has published academic papers, white papers, or some form of thought leadership in the field of Responsible / Ethical AI, or closely related areas
- Data engineering expertise using Cloud technologies, for example AWS, GCP or Azure;
- Specialised visualisation techniques for example D3.js, ggplot etc.;
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills;
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers.
With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing date for Applications: 31/08/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.