Lead DevOps Engineer
Locations: London (must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK)
Salary: Competitive salary & Package (Depending on level of experience)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Software Engineering is the home of our talented Technology people who are focused on engineering memorable yet differentiated and captivating customer experiences.
Working as a key member of the team, we are looking for Engineers who are passionate about their work, with innovation and continuous learning at the forefront of their professional development.
We are looking for experienced DevOps Engineers join our vibrant community of DevOps professionals, based out of our London offices on a full-time, permanent basis. We’re looking for exceptional individuals to deliver specific solutions for our clients.
In our team you will learn:
Working within a high performing delivery team, you will engage directly with our clients to build cutting-edge DevOps Capabilities.
Your professional development is important to us. From day one you will be working alongside and in partnership with some of the very best in the business. As part of your career growth, there are several internal and external qualifications that you will have access to, these include:
- Sponsored training and certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, Mulesoft, CNCF CKAD and CKS, OpenShift, Hashicorp products and many more
- Accenture’s internal DevOps Academy and DevOps Academy for Executives
- Accenture’s internal Master Technology Architect program.
- The ability to attend and represent Accenture at well-known DevOps conferences; DevOps Days, DevOps enterprise summit, Kubecon and global events like Re:invent and Ignite.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Document as-is process and architectures and design to-be architecture
- Architect systems knowing what "good" looks like
- Automation design and delivery including installation, configuration, and administration of industry leading DevSecOps tools
- Keep up with the fast-paced tooling landscape in the industry, working on cutting edge and know about the bleeding edge
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile delivery environment.
- Understand, design, and implement operational tools for monitoring, alerting, recovery, backups etc.
- Support production deployments and incidents occasionally.
- Have daily collaboration with one of the IT industry’s largest networks of technical DevOps and transformation experts who work to frame and deliver cutting edge solutions for countless varieties of technologies and industries. In doing so, you will help define how DevOps evolves for the world.
It’s not all about Technical skills, we’re also looking for Engineers who possess the below Consulting attributes as well:
- Ability to train internal or client teams in technologies, in DevOps practices, acting as Scrum Master when required and help bring the culture change to our clients.
- Client and internal stakeholder management, business problem solving acumen, working in a multi-supplier environment
- CI/CD pipeline tooling ranging from Jenkins to modern PaaS one like Gitlab, Github and Azure DevOps
- Use IaC tools and techniques and follow everything-as-code principles (e.g. terraform, Ansible, cloudformation, ARM templates and GCP deployment manager)
- Hand-on experience with at least 1 public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) including respective cloud shell, serverless and other cloud native and offerings.
- Container orchestration with K8s, with on one or more of AKS, EKS, GKE, Anthos, Openshift, Mesos
- Advising clients on the principles of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment, DevOps and Agile delivery
- Architecting and directing the implementation of all aspects of DevOps and Continuous Delivery solutions for Accenture clients
- Helping our clients realise the business benefits of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Agile delivery and with associated culture change and ways of working aspects.
- Understanding of NFRs and meeting through design and delivery.
- Mentoring and developing junior DevOps engineers and leads (depending on your career level)
Experience desirable (varying with experience and career level):
- Certification in at least the solution architect level and in more than 1 cloud service providers
- Experience with DevOps spin off movements like DevSecOps, DataDevOps, DevNetOps
- SRE experience and knowledge of principles including SLO/SLI, handling production incidents and following 50/50 toil reduction.
- Experience administering 1 or more operating systems (flavours of Linux, windows)
- Experience applying DevOps principles to COTS and PaaS products like SAP, Oracle, Salesforce or administering them.
- Advisory and thought leadership in the world of DevOps. (depending on level)
- The design and implementation of continuous delivery practices and release management methods from canary to red-black and blue-green deployments.
- Defining and managing a roadmap for the implementation of DevOps in an enterprise IT organisation
- Experience of Agile and Lean Software delivery methodologies
- Experience of leading consulting engagements
- Service support – the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts as part of an effective support operation
Accenture DevOps is part of a larger vision
Accenture believes “Every Business is a Digital Business” and in so doing we support our clients to align and integrate their technology with our “Cloud Infrastructure Engineering” (CIE) group. CIE combines deep technology, business and industry expertise to design and deliver some of the largest, most challenging and highest profile technology solutions in the world. Our DevOps community is a part of the CIE practice and shares in its vibrant, sociable and learning culture where technology skills are valued and recognised.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
USA NJ - Florham Park
Salesforce Technical Lead - 3879277
Posted 3 days ago
USA GA - Atlanta
Testing Automation Consultant South
Posted 3 days ago
USA OH - Cincinnati
Contract Svcs Delivery Manager
Posted 3 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.