Job Role: Cloud Technology Architect
Salary: Competitive Salary + Package (Dependent on experience)
Career Level: Manager / Senior Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of Cloud & PaaS Architectures. Accenture’s goal is to help our clients understand today’s business requirements and apply tomorrow’s solutions to meet them. As a Cloud First Solution Architect, you will be responsible for co-creating & expanding on the client’s requirements and translating those to the technical design and implementation plan of complex, scalable, robust and deliverable solutions. You will represent technology and delivery in the bid team, play a key role in setting-up delivery for success and provide our clients with the technology expertise and leadership to make their business ambitions a digital reality.
Do your colleagues look to you because you can play at the intersection of technical, delivery and business that enables you to create market leading solutions? Are you a client facing individual who is passionate about understanding client’s value case, take pride in building solution architectures and designs by selecting and integrating new and existing technology components, enthusiastic about explaining this in simple language to a senior client stakeholder, and thrives in a fast-paced environment constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible? If you are, and you want to work with some of the brightest people in the industry, solving some of the hardest problems for the world’s largest companies, we’d love to meet you.
We are building a community of Architects capable of shaping the design of our largest and more crucial programmes. This community is equally comfortable explaining complex solution design for the C-Suite and the media, as well as collaborate with other teams with a wide variety of functional, industry and technology skills to gain support for adapting to changing requirements. Hands-on technical experience and ability to experiment with various cloud and industrial solutions is essential.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide solutions to real world problems encompassing a mixture of custom and packaged architectures, on public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Solution architecture expertise to drive new sales activities, communicating why the architecture designs meets current and future business requirements
- Optimising the technology choices, team size and location to drive the best value for the client and Accenture
- Defending your solution to senior stakeholders inside Accenture and client
- How to capture learnings and insights from projects to support training and development across the wider solution architecture community in Europe
In this role you will:
- Create business cases for technology and organisational transformation to enable migration to or utilisation of cloud and/or PaaS technologies.
- Assess and recommend the best of breed technology solutions to address client needs.
- Co-create & expand on client’s requirements and translate those to the solution architectures, implementation plans, estimates and technical designs for complex, scalable and robust solutions.
- Understand and clearly define the input required to create cost estimates, work with delivery centres to finalise cost estimates and optimise to bring the best value for client’s money
- Design enterprise-wide scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, secure and reliable applications using APIs and cloud integration technologies
- Bring your experience, knowledge and creativity, collaborating with delivery teams with migrating complex, multi-tier applications, or building new capabilities using APIs and cloud integration technologies.
- Mobilise the team and set-up the right delivery and architectural artifacts for delivery team to succeed
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Understanding of End-to-End architecture and its different perspectives (execution, development and operations architecture)
- A deep and practical working knowledge of one (or more) of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform. Can architect a solution using paas components for Data ingestion, Storage, Processing, Advanced Analytics and Visualisation
- Exposure to Compute, Storage, Databases and Messaging services native to cloud platforms;
- Has led solution design for niche proof of concepts to complex deliveries
- Customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Cloud First well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Commercial mind-set to provide best value for money to the client – can optimise delivery governance, team setup, architectural decisions etc.
- Knowledge of and experience of the application of modern architectural principles and patterns
- An ability to think strategically about business, delivery, and technical challenges
- Delivery experience with SOA webservices, APIs and microservices design in Java, NodeJS, .NET, Python, golang or similar
- Delivery experience with API management platforms (Apigee, Mulesoft, 3Sacle, WS02, CA or similar)
- Delivery experience with “vendor specific classic integration platforms” (e.g. Oracle, IBM)
- Delivery experience on Docker Swarm, Redhat OpenShift, native or managed Kubernetes;
Set yourself apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant field;
- Experience in architecting, designing or implementing Integration Architectures and Applications.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days of vacation per year, access to app based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.